become an editor
the entire directory
only in Intellectual_Property/Organizations
Free Software Foundation
Open Access Organizations
Computers: Open Source: Open Content
Conference on the Public Domain
- Duke University Law School Conference on the Public Domain site. Includes background papers, webcast, and other resources.
Chilling Effects Clearinghouse
- A project of the Electronic Frontier Foundation and of several university law clinics. The project aims to counter the chilling effects of overreaching "cease and desist" notices of intellectual property infringement.
CODE: Campaign for an Open Digital Environment
- An international coalition of civil liberties groups and consumer rights initiatives to protect the public's rights, innovation, and competition against the proposed European Union Directive on the Enforcement of Intellectual Property. Reports, news, key dates and letter to EU JURI Committee Members in several languages.
- A non-profit that offers an alternative to full copyright. Offering work under a Creative Commons license does not mean giving up copyright. It means offering some of an author's rights to any taker, and only on certain conditions.
- A membership organization advocating protection of fair use rights in the digital environment.
EFFweb - The Electronic Frontier Foundation
- A non-profit, non-partisan organization working to protect fundamental civil liberties, including privacy and freedom of expression, which opposes patents and copyrights as a violation of freedom of speech.
Electronic Gift Economies, Inc.
- A nonprofit organization supporting the creation, identification, use, and funding of digital nonproprietary intellectual works including free music, literature, and software.
Intellectual Property Institute
- Promotes awareness and understanding of intellectual property law and its contribution to economic and social welfare, through research to provide knowledge to industry, policy makers, professionals and the general public, in order to foster a legal, social and regulatory climate which supports an innovation-based economy.
International Intellectual Property Institute
- Not-for-profit corporation claiming to support the use of intellectual property as a tool for economic growth, particularly in developing countries. Promotes strong intellectual property regimes and intellectual property enforcement.
- An international civil liberties group working to promote balanced intellectual property laws.
New Yorkers for Fair Use
- Fair use political action group of the NYC metro area.
- Devoted to propagating the science, technology and management of Intellectual Property Rights in India and worldwide.
- Working to preserve the openness of the Internet, preserve creativity through balanced copyright, and protect the rights of consumers to use technology lawfully. Based in Washington DC.
Queen Mary Intellectual Property Research Institute
- Aims to identify patterns in recent NGO activity at CBD COP, FAO, WHO, WIPO, WTO. Focuses on public health and access to essential medicines, and agriculture, genetic resources. and traditional knowledge.
Union for the Public Domain
- Non-profit citizens group, seeking to protect and enhance the public domain in matters concerning intellectual property.
Union for the Public Domain (UPD)
- A non-profit citizens group with a mission to protect and enhance the public domain in matters concerning intellectual property. A membership organization acting as an independent voice on intellectual property issues.
World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO)
- Promotes intellectual property throughout the world, and administrates various multilateral treaties.
Kansas City InfoZine - Personal Technology Freedom Coalition Created
- Industry, academic, and public interest groups support bill to improve consumer rights and protect technological innovation. (June 24, 2004)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 9, 2014 at 5:35:07 UTC -