become an editor
the entire directory
only in Intellectual_Property/Free_Access_Theory
Free Access Theory
Journal Cost Issues
Open Access Organizations
Free Access Scientific Archives
Free Access Scientific Journals
Reference: Libraries: Library and Information Science: Intellectual Property
Reference: Open Access Resources
Society: Issues: Intellectual Property: Copyrights
Society: Law: Legal Information: Intellectual Property
Budapest Open Access Initiative
- Aims to accelerate progress in the international effort to make research articles in all academic fields freely available on the Internet.
American Scientist Forum on Open Access
- Forum devoted to the freeing of online access to the peer-reviewed research literature. Continuous since 1998.
Andrew Odlyzko: Papers on Electronic Publishing
- A selection of papers on the future of electronic publication in the field of academic communication, its impact and consequences.
- A resource for faculty and librarian action to reclaim scholarly communication. Main issues concern subscription prices for scholarly journals and help for journals willing to find publishing options better suited to their academic missions.
- Dedicated to the freeing of the refereed research literature online through author/institution self-archiving. Provides free (GNU) software for self-archiving.
First Monday - The Streetperformer Protocol & Digital Copyrights
- Introducing the Street Performer Protocol, an electronic-commerce mechanism to facilitate the private financing of public works. Using this protocol, people would place donations in escrow, to be released to an author in the event that the promised work be put in the public domain.
Free Online Scholarship Newsletter
- (FOS) News and discussion on the migration of print scholarship to the internet and efforts to make it available to readers free of charge. Newsletter, forum, FAQ and a comprehensive directory on electronic archives.
Nature Debates: E-Access
- Online forum hosted by Nature Online concerning the impact of the web on the future of publishing and the dissemination of scientific information.
Online or Invisible?
- Article by Steve Lawrence appeared in Nature (2001) analyzing the citation rate of online and off line articles. Articles freely available online are more highly cited, free online availability substantially increases a paper's impact.
Peter Suber's Guide to the FOS Movement
- Comprehensive guide to the terminology, acronyms, initiatives, standards, technologies, and players in the free online scholarship initiative.
Public Library of Science
- A non-profit organization of scientists committed to making the world's scientific and medical literature freely accessible to scientists and to the public around the world. Promotion of free access online journals and eprints archives.
Scholarly Journals at the Crossroads: A Subversive Proposal for Electronic Publishing
- An internet discussion about scientific and scholarly journals and their future.
- Answers to frequently asked questions about self archiving including what and how. Has a "I worry about..." set of questions too with advice and answers to issues.
Stevan Harnad on Free Access Initiatives
- How to free access to scientific literature: papers by one of the leaders of the open archives initiative.
Measure Calls for Wider Access to Federally Financed Research
- A group challenging the power of established scientific journals says legislation will be introduced to make the results of all federally financed research available to the public. (June 26, 2003)
Creating a global knowledge network
- Considerations on how to build a knowledge network for research communication and on its potential impact, by P. Ginsparg, one of the founders of ArXiv. (February 23, 2001)
Declaration of San José - Towards the Virtual Health Library
- An initiative aiming to construct a digital medium 'as a unified response to our health situation, facilitating wide access to information for the permanent improvement of health of the people'. (March 24, 1998)
Free Access Theory
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 22, 2012 at 9:35:04 UTC -