become an editor
the entire directory
only in Digital_Rights_Management/DVD_Encryption
Digital Rights Management
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Intellectual Property: Digital Rights Management: DVD Encryption
Arts: Movies: Home Video: DVD
Computers: Open Source: Open Content
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Linux: Hardware Support: DVD
Society: Law: Legal Information: Computer and Technology Law: Internet: Linking Law
2600 Hacker Quarterly News Archive
- Article from November 1999 about cracking DVD encryption.
42 Ways to Distribute DeCSS
- 42 funny ways to distribute the famous DVD descrambler, including Quake, HTTP cookies, MPEG movies and DNS queries.
Cryptanalysis of Contents Scrambling System
- A paper which shows that CSS encryption has weaknesses which make it rapidly breakable even without knowledge of any hardware keys, and describes algorithms to do so.
DeCSS Central: HAL2001 Speech
- Cogent presentation about the history of CSS and DeCSS and the issues involved.
DeCSS for Linux and DVD
- Information about and links to various encryption and decryption tools for educational and research purposes.
DeCSS/2600 Court of Appeals Decision
- Text of the decision by the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals affirming the judgement against 2600 in the DeCSS linking case.
Gallery of CSS Descramblers
- If DeCSS code is illegal in the USA, but text is protected, where do you draw the line? A gallery of exhibits of the descrambling algorithm from code through plain English to graphic images.
In Defense of Free Speech on the Internet
- The Global Internet Liberty Campaign member statement opposing the efforts by the DVD-CAA to censor websites worldwide. Signed by more than fifty global civil liberties organizations.
California DeCSS case
- Offers links to documents in California DeCSS case. (November 01, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 9:54:08 AM EST -