become an editor
the entire directory
only in Intellectual_Property/Digital_Rights_Management
Digital Rights Management
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Intellectual Property: Digital Rights Management
Computers: Security: Authentication
Computers: Security: Products and Tools: Cryptography
Computers: Security: Products and Tools: Software Protection and License Control
Computers: Software: Business: E-Commerce
Society: Issues: Intellectual Property: Copyrights: Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Society: Issues: Intellectual Property: Music Freedom
Society: Issues: Intellectual Property: Trusted Computing
American Library Association: Digital Rights Management and Libraries
- Contains a brief overview with concern focuses of libraries and higher education.
Howstuffworks: How Digital Rights Management Works
- Information about the theory behind the technology.
Managing Rights Management
- Commentary by Robert Weber covering conditional, technical, and business aspects.
Wikipedia: Digital Rights Management
- Provides a definition and possible applications. Also covers opposing views.
BBC News: The DRM Maze for Consumers
- Examination of several companies and their response to piracy through right management solutions. (December 11, 2007)
ACM Queue - Understanding DRM
- David Sohn explains digital rights management (DRM), broadly defined as technical measures used to protect content in digital media devices and services. (November 01, 2007)
Apple Unveils Higher Quality DRM-Free Music on the iTunes Store
- Press release covering the release of higher quality EMI titles. (April 02, 2007)
BBC Click: Digital Lock's Rights and Wrongs
- Article by Spencer Kelly covering the benefits and detriments. (March 16, 2007)
How FairPlay Works: Apple's iTunes DRM Dilemma
- Article on Roughly Drafted covering details about how the format works and its limitations. (February 27, 2007)
First Monday: Digital rights management and the breakdown of social norms
- Article by Christopher May on the creation of digital rights management as a function of societal changes in emerging capitalism. (October 27, 2003)
Digital Rights Management Conference
- Conference held in Berkeley, California. Contains a schedule, list of speakers, and sponsors. (February 27, 2003)
- Compilation of design and architecture by Renato Iannella. Also provides examples and practical uses. (June 01, 2001)
Digital Rights Management
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 11, 2013 at 13:02:37 UTC -