become an editor
the entire directory
only in Copyrights/Filesharing
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Intellectual Property: Copyrights: Filesharing
Computers: Internet: File Sharing
This category in other languages:
File Sharing: A Debate
- Arguments for and against filesharing, with a focus on trading MP3s.
- Alliance of various music industry organizations advocating against distributing copyrighted music.
The Pirate's Dilemma
- A blog about the relationship between piracy, youth culture, pop culture and innovation. Information on the book The Pirate's Dilemma: How Youth Culture Re-invented Capitalism and author and speaker Matt Mason.
Who Owns Culture?
- Streaming audio of a presentation by Lawrence Lessig, a discussion between him and Jeff Tweedy on digital filesharing, and question and answer session. Part of "Live From the New York Public Library".
LA Times: File 'sharing' or 'stealing'?
- Jon Healey writes about the semantic debate over whether copyright infringement is theft, in response to an Op-Ed submission that called for file sharing to be decriminalized. (February 18, 2008)
Yo Ho Ho – Buccanerds Give Studios a Broadside
- Profile of BitTorrent tracking site The Pirate Bay and file-sharing evangelism. [Times Online] (January 07, 2007)
The Effect of P2P File-sharing Depends on Popularity
- The hits at the top of the charts lose sales, but the niche artists further down the popularity curve actually benefit from file-trading, according to a Harvard paper on the economics of filesharing. [The Long Tail] (November 24, 2005)
'Music Is Not a Loaf of Bread'
- Interview with Wilco, a band that dropped its label and file shared its album, achieving commercial success and Grammy nominations. [Wired] (November 15, 2004)
File-Sharing Getting Bad Rap?
- "A controversial new study by economists at Harvard and the University of North Carolina has found that file-sharing is not the cause of declining CD sales." [Rolling Stone] (April 05, 2004)
Copying Isn't Cool
- "File sharing isn't just a problem for the music industry. It's a threat to anyone who depends upon intellectual property for a living." By Scott Matthews. [Salon] (September 12, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 20, 2014 at 14:45:05 UTC -