become an editor
the entire directory
only in Privacy/Advocacy_Groups
Human Rights and Liberties
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties: Privacy: Advocacy Groups
Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Computers: Internet: Organizations
Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Computers: Organizations
- The Electronic Frontier Foundation's collection of articles relating to issues of Privacy. These range from proposed and enacted legislation to resource lists for activists.
Electronic Privacy Information Center
- EPIC is a public interest research center. Tracks news and legislation on First Amendment, and constitutional issues of privacy.
- Works to educate consumers about the unfair practices that occur daily in the credit reporting industry, educate businesses about how to protect the financial and personal information of their clients, and provide a system for consumers to monitor the activity and accuracy of their credit records.
- Human rights "watchdog" organization focused on privacy intrusions by government and businesses. Site has lots of privacy issue articles.
Surveillance Camera Players
- Pro-privacy group that protests against surveillance cameras by performing silent specially adapted plays directly in front of them.
- Independent, non-profit, global initiative aimed at building trust and confidence in online transactions through the adoption of a branded "trustmark" informing users of how their personal information is handled by online organizations.
Victims of Credit Reporting
- Archived information from a group opposed to credit reporting and scoring, on the grounds that they are devastating to privacy.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 26, 2007 at 14:48:10 UTC -