become an editor
the entire directory
only in Human_Rights_and_Liberties/Privacy
Human Rights and Liberties
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties: Privacy
Computer and Internet Privacy
UK National Identity Scheme
US Homeland Security
Computers: Security: Biometrics: Face Recognition
Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Computers: Internet
Society: Law: Legal Information: Computer and Technology Law: Internet
This category in other languages:
- Describes the networking sniffing software and the surrounding controversy.
- Dedicated to exposing polygraph waste, fraud, and abuse, and seeking the abolishment of polygraph testing from the American workplace.
Australia's Privacy Commissioner's Website
- Government site dealing with privacy issues. Has focus area on information technology and the Internet.
- Collection of articles and links on privacy issues, especially Echelon.
- News site regarding privacy and freedom issues. Links to global articles.
EPIC Carnivore Litigation
- Legal documents presented by the privacy group seeking the release of all FBI records concerning Internet monitoring.
Echelon: spy satellite: Is there any Privacy?
- Research paper discusses the privacy issues and laws concerning privacy as related to the Echelon program.
Fundamental Rights Under Privacy in the USA
- Annotated list of U.S. Supreme Court cases on privacy. [PDF]
Guardian Special Report: Privacy on the Internet
- Continuing coverage of news, analysis and commentary, including the RIP Act, plus links to government sites and international information and pressure groups.
Hiding From the Man: How to Protect Your Privacy
- Comprehensive guide to protecting your privacy in cyberspace and the real world.
HowStuffWorks: How Facial Recognition Systems Work
- Article on FACEIT software.
HowStuffWorks: How Wiretapping Works
- Article on how wire-tapping works. Links to a variety of other privacy issues such as Carnivore.
- Site details a variety of ways privacy is violated or data is shared. Has links for prevention.
Law and Technology Essays [Dr. R. Standler]
- Attorney's home page including numerous essays about law, privacy, and technology issues
NYC Surveillance Camera Project
- New York City has been installing cameras throughout the city. Has lots of information, including camera locations.
PIPEDA and Canadian Privacy Law
- Developments in privacy law and writings of a Canadian privacy lawyer, containing information related to PIPEDA and other Canadian and international privacy laws
- Forum provided by the ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) Committee on Computers and Public Policy, Cable and Wireless USA, Cisco Systems, Inc., and Telos Systems.
Prime recent and proposed attacks on civil rights in the United Kingdom
- Document shows a detailed list of those rights of UK citizens challenged and the consequences.
- Links to articles and opinions about a variety of privacy issues from medical records to bank statements. Articles have linked bibliographies.
- Covers the items directly and indirectly impacting your privacy such as cryptography, wiretaps, free speech, DNA and genetic testing, and database tracking in general. Archive goes back to 1997.
Privacy Rights Clearinghouse
- A nonprofit consumer education and advocacy project whose purpose is to advocate for consumers' privacy rights in public policy proceedings.
Privacy South Africa
- List of privacy violators in South Africa with links. Also FAQs on how to protect yourself.
- Privacy Times (Newsletter) covers information law and policy, including Internet privacy, Freedom of Information Act, Privacy Act, financial, medical and communications privacy, and EU Directive.
Privacy and Civil Liberties
- From Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility - program information and links.
Spyware: Research, Testing, Legislation, and Suits
- Original research on methods and effects of spyware, and index to recent legislation and lawsuits seeking to block spyware.
The Privacy Marketing Review
- Thoughts on information privacy and the relationship marketing concept.
The Privacy Page
- A resource for cryptography, encryption, or electronic privacy information.
The Surveillance Society
- Americans enjoy unlimited benefits from new technologies in a wired world. But those wires send information in two directions, and the access to our personal data has never been more open for abuse. Online resource for on-air features.
- Article concerning Web bugs (1-pixel gifs), similar to cookies, that track Internet surfing patterns.
NYTimes.com - Net Users Try to Elude the Google Grasp
- The combined power of the Internet, search engines and archival databases can enable almost anyone to find information about almost anyone else. As a result, people are trying to reduce their electronic presence and discovering that it is not as simple as it would seem. [Requires free registration to view.] (July 25, 2002)
Wired: Separating Equifax from Fiction
- Simson Garfinkel writes about information conglomerate Equifax. Best known as a credit bureau, the company also has its fingers in check approvals, insurance claims, and medical records. [Wired] (September 01, 1995)
- News about privacy, collected from various sources on the web. [RSS]
Usenet alt.privacy -
Usenet comp.society.privacy -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, March 3, 2010 4:42:25 AM EST -