become an editor
the entire directory
only in Human_Rights_and_Liberties/Privacy
Human Rights and Liberties
Computer and Internet Privacy
UK National Identity Scheme
US Homeland Security
Computers: Security: Biometrics: Face Recognition
Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Computers: Internet
Society: Law: Legal Information: Computer and Technology Law: Internet
This category in other languages:
- Describes the networking sniffing software and the surrounding controversy.
- Dedicated to exposing polygraph waste, fraud, and abuse, and seeking the abolishment of polygraph testing from the American workplace.
- Collection of articles and links on privacy issues, especially Echelon.
- News site regarding privacy and freedom issues. Links to global articles.
Echelon: spy satellite: Is there any Privacy?
- Research paper discusses the privacy issues and laws concerning privacy as related to the Echelon program.
EPIC Carnivore Litigation
- Legal documents presented by the privacy group seeking the release of all FBI records concerning Internet monitoring.
Fundamental Rights Under Privacy in the USA
- Annotated list of U.S. Supreme Court cases on privacy. [PDF]
Hiding From the Man: How to Protect Your Privacy
- Comprehensive guide to protecting your privacy in cyberspace and the real world.
HowStuffWorks: How Facial Recognition Systems Work
- Article on FACEIT software.
HowStuffWorks: How Wiretapping Works
- Article on how wire-tapping works. Links to a variety of other privacy issues such as Carnivore.
- Site details a variety of ways privacy is violated or data is shared. Has links for prevention.
Law and Technology Essays [Dr. R. Standler]
- Attorney's home page including numerous essays about law, privacy, and technology issues
NYC Surveillance Camera Project
- New York City has been installing cameras throughout the city. Has lots of information, including camera locations.
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
- Government site dealing with privacy issues. Has focus area on information technology and the Internet.
PIPEDA and Canadian Privacy Law
- Developments in privacy law and writings of a Canadian privacy lawyer, containing information related to PIPEDA and other Canadian and international privacy laws
Prime recent and proposed attacks on civil rights in the United Kingdom
- Document shows a detailed list of those rights of UK citizens challenged and the consequences.
- Links to articles and opinions about a variety of privacy issues from medical records to bank statements. Articles have linked bibliographies.
Privacy and Civil Liberties
- From Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility - program information and links.
- Forum provided by the ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) Committee on Computers and Public Policy, Cable and Wireless USA, Cisco Systems, Inc., and Telos Systems.
The Privacy Page
- A resource for cryptography, encryption, or electronic privacy information.
Privacy Rights Clearinghouse
- A nonprofit consumer education and advocacy project whose purpose is to advocate for consumers' privacy rights in public policy proceedings.
- Privacy Times (Newsletter) covers information law and policy, including Internet privacy, Freedom of Information Act, Privacy Act, financial, medical and communications privacy, and EU Directive.
Spyware: Research, Testing, Legislation, and Suits
- Original research on methods and effects of spyware, and index to recent legislation and lawsuits seeking to block spyware.
The Surveillance Society
- Americans enjoy unlimited benefits from new technologies in a wired world. But those wires send information in two directions, and the access to our personal data has never been more open for abuse. Online resource for on-air features.
- Article concerning Web bugs (1-pixel gifs), similar to cookies, that track Internet surfing patterns.
NYTimes.com - Net Users Try to Elude the Google Grasp
- The combined power of the Internet, search engines and archival databases can enable almost anyone to find information about almost anyone else. As a result, people are trying to reduce their electronic presence and discovering that it is not as simple as it would seem. [Requires free registration to view.] (July 25, 2002)
- News about privacy, collected from various sources on the web. [RSS]
Usenet alt.privacy -
Usenet comp.society.privacy -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 2, 2015 at 13:05:03 UTC -