become an editor
the entire directory
only in Human_Rights_and_Liberties/Freedom_of_the_Press
Human Rights and Liberties
Freedom of the Press
First Amendment Issues
News: Media Industry
Society: Issues: Business: Media
Society: Issues: Business: Media: Bias and Balance
Society: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties: Free Speech
This category in other languages:
Canadian Journalists for Free Expression
- Defends journalists' rights and supports the development of media freedom in Canada and throughout the world.
Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ)
- Features international news alerts and resources from non-partisan international organization of journalists dedicated to protection of freedom of the press and expression.
Fox-BGH Alleged Cover-up
- In a successful lawsuit, journalists fired at FOX-owned WTVT Channel 13 in Tampa for refusing orders to hide the dangers of a big advertiser (Monsanto), won a substantial cash settlement.
- A one-stop portal that describes best practices, consolidates lessons learned, explains campaign strategies and tactics, and links the efforts of freedom-of-information advocates around the world.
Index on Censorship
- Provides subscription information for bi-monthly magazine promoting free speech. Also includes assortment of online articles.
International Press Institute (IPI)
- IPI is a global organisation of editors, media executives and leading journalists dedicated to the protection of press freedom
Internews - Information Access for Everyone
- International NGO that fosters independent media and access to information worldwide. Internews works in the areas of environmental and health journalism, humanitarian media, women and gender issues, and Internet and communications technology.
Observer - Special Reports: Press Freedom Campaign
- Ongoing collection of news, analysis and commentary about Press Freedom Day, censorship, threats to journalists and the situation in various countries.
The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press
- Nonprofit organization dedicated to providing free legal help to reporters and news organizations.
Society of Professional Journalists
- Dedicated to the perpetuation of a free press as the cornerstone of our nation and our liberty. Seeks to maintain constant vigilance in protection of the First Amendment guarantees of freedom of speech and of the press
World Press Freedom Committee (WPFC)
- WPFC is 37 organizations on five continents, defending the freedom of the press and assisting independent news media organizations around the world.
Freedom of the Press
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 26, 2007 at 13:11:41 UTC -