become an editor
the entire directory
only in Censorship/Internet
Human Rights and Liberties
Disputed Domain - fuck.com
Computers: Internet: Proxying and Filtering: Content Filtering: Software: Client
Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Computers: Internet: Content Filtering
This category in other languages:
Internet Censorship Links
- Links and summaries of sites both "pro and con" internet censorship. From Vicnet, a unit of the State Library of Victoria in Australia.
Documentation of Internet Filtering Worldwide
- Research documenting some of the specific sites blocked in a variety of locations worldwide. Current research investigates sited blocked in China and Saudi Arabia, and blocked by a variety of commercial Internet filtering programs. Future research will consider blocking in other countries. [Last updated October 2003]
Fighting Internet Censorship in Australia
- A member of Electronic Frontiers Australia outlines the events occurring in Australia regarding Internet censorship.
Gagging the Net in 3 Easy Steps
- Article from the BBC on how easily the threat of lawsuits can stifle net free speech.
- Overview of freedom of expression with particular emphasis on the right to publish online without being censored by government agencies and/or Internet service providers.
Internet Brothers: Opinions from the Cybercommunity
- Do you value your online freedoms? If so, you better beware. Recent events are conspiring to take them away from you.
Internet Censorship is Absurd and Unconstitutional
- An essay which explains why the Communications Decency Act (CDA) and any other form of Internet censorship is absurd and unconstitutional.
Internet Censorship Paper - The Invincible Internet
- Argues against net censorship. Explains common affirmative arguments, explores negative retorts, analyzes censorship bills and court rulings, and suggests alternatives to wide-ranging censorship issues.
Internet Free Expression Alliance
- Organization that advocates that the Internet remain a forum for open access and free expression.
- Introduction and index to site about attempts, particularly in Australia to limit free speech through censorship.
- Anti-censorware articles, essays, and investigative reports. Includes instructions and programs to disable content blocking software.
Pornography, Obscenity and the Superhighway - A Case for Censorship
- New York University Professor Irving Kristol argues for a certain level of censorship.
What (chilling?) Lessons for the Internet?
- Cato Org, lengthy, scholarly, review of FCC Regulation of Broadcasting
Blog Herald: Do Internet companies need to be regulated to ensure they respect free expression?
- "Reporters Without Borders has repeatedly condemned the ethical lapses displayed by certain Internet sector companies when operating in repressive countries." Weblog entry discusses these lapses and how they "violate the right to freedom of expression as defined in article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights." (January 01, 2006)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 30, 2014 at 12:45:06 UTC -