become an editor
the entire directory
only in Free_Speech/Censorship
Human Rights and Liberties
Child Safety on the Internet
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Issues: Censorship
Society: Issues: Violence and Abuse: Media
Society: Law: Legal Information: Defamation
This category in other languages:
Article 19 - the International Centre Against Censorship
- Named after Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 19 works worldwide to combat censorship by promoting freedom of expression and access to official information through local partners and a global law program.
Censorship in the world
- Chronicle of the societal control of behavior considered in violation of traditional and conventional morality.
- Independent site featuring up to date news and articles relating to film and video censorship which have recently appeared in the UK and International Media. Provides direct links to relevant articles from all publications and sources with varying opinions.
- Disinformation is a search service for those seeking factual information on current affairs, politics and new science media stories. Features censored and 'hidden information' which has been mis-represented by corporate-owned media conglomerates.
Feminists Against Censorship
- Not all feminists support the censorship of sexual media - a look at feminists opposing censorship.
The File Room
- This landmark work of digital art by Antonio Muntadas is an interactive database of cultural censorship throughout history.
The Free Expression Policy Project
- To provide empirical research and policy development on tough censorship issues and seek free speech-friendly solutions to the concerns that drive censorship campaigns.
Free Speech Coalition
- Trade association for the adult entertainment industry. Includes news and legal information on censorship and freedom of expression.
The Free Speech Rulebook
- Jonathon Blumen provides thoughtful discussion about roots and current status of free speech.
Freedom of Speech, Shielding Children, and Transcending Balancing
- Prof. Eugene Volokh, UCLA Law School provides intelligent review of major issues in "cyber law" and free speech.
- Resource of material provided by Marc Lemire. Includes an archive of information focused on the censorship of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Games Censorship Collection
- Provides a summary of issues and an annotated, critical bibliography relevant to Australian computer games censorship. Debates for and against computer games censorship.
Index on Censorship
- Covers news and issues related to freedom of expression throughout the world.
Mathaba Net's Censorship Links
- Large number of web links on the issue of censorship, most but not all are in English. No annotations or explanations.
The National Coalition Against Censorship
- NCAC aims to educate and mobilize the community against acts of censorship.
- Explores and publicizes censorship in our society by locating important stories about which the public should be aware but is not, for one reason or another.
Rock Out Censorship
- Fighting censors of popular music. Contains information on the organization, lists 'friends' and 'enemies' of the fight, and outlines how you can help.
- The story of how Harry Reichenbach tricked the smutbusting decency czar Anthony Comstock.
Tabula Rasa: The C Word
- Articles and a timeline of censorship.
A Theory Of Civilization
- By Philip Atkinson.
Machine Age: FBI's Shutter Speed
- The Monitor: FBI's Shutter Speed by Mark Boal. Subversive Filmmaker Attracts the Wrong Kind of Agent. [The Village Voice] (November 21, 1999)
Usenet alt.censorship -
Usenet alt.primenet.censorship -
Usenet aus.censorship -
Usenet news.admin.censorship -
Usenet uk.politics.censorship -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 8, 2013 at 11:34:22 UTC -