become an editor
the entire directory
only in Human_Rights_and_Liberties/Free_Speech
Human Rights and Liberties
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties: Free Speech
News: Alternative: Radio
Regional: North America: United States: Government: Law: Constitution: Bill of Rights: 1st Amendment
Society: Activism: In Daily Life
Society: Issues: Policy Institutes
This category in other languages:
American Civil Liberties Union - Free Speech
- Links to issues such as censorship, campaign finance reform, commercial speech, and flag desecration.
AskMen.com : Freedom of Speech in Sports
- Article discusses pro baseball player John Rocker's inflammatory racist statements and his right to freedom of expression.
Atheism and Intraorganizational Free Speech (1996)
- Michael Martin argues that atheistic organizations should generally allow their members to criticize them.
Charlton Heston and Political Correctness
- Speech to the Harvard Law School Forum February 16, 1999 on the idea that political correctness is invading our freedom of thought and speech.
- Blog covering academic freedom, including free speech, freedom of the college press, and current controversies in higher education.
Free Speech Movement Archives
- Documents, photos, and essays on the events of the 1964 movement in Berkeley. With updates and reunions.
Freedom of Expression - Freedom Magazine
- Perhaps the most essential right is that of communication. Without the freedom to communicate, other rights deteriorate.
International Freedom of Expression Exchange (IFEX)
- Network of free expression groups that monitors violations worldwide. Issues alerts, publishes a weekly newsletter and hosts a searchable alerts online archive.
Low Power to the People
- Small groups, nonprofits and individuals might get low power FM radio stations.
MIT Student Association for Freedom of Expression (SAFE)
- SAFE provides links on censorship search engine, arguments against campus political correctness as it affects free speech.
New Age of Falsification ?
- Nature photographers face a crisis of ethics as digital imaging makes photo fakery easier than ever. Overview in Atlantic Monthly of May, 1998.
Off The Hook June 2000
- Twenty-six Hundred dot com pages on challenges to their free speech on hacking computers.
The Freedom Forum Online
- A nonpartisan, international foundation advocating free press and speech rights for all people. Holds conferences, educational activities, publishing, broadcasting, online services, fellowships, partnerships, research and other programs.
There Is 'No Constitutional Protected Right' of Freedom of Speech
- Argues that there is no constitutional right of freedom of speech or of press in America since a person could be defamed, sued or boycotted.
U.S. Broadcasters Arrested
- Reports that nine alternative media members were arrested during peaceful protests at the National Association of Broadcaster's convention in San Francisco.
Rice University Spin Control
- A long Houston Press story about the administrative coup d'état that closed down 91.7 FM, KTRU Houston, a college radio station. (January 11, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, August 6, 2011 8:12:40 PM EDT -