the entire directory
only in Human_Rights_and_Liberties/Advocacy_Organizations
Human Rights and Liberties
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties: Advocacy Organizations
Society: Law: Organizations: Civil Liberties
Society: Philanthropy: Organizations
This category in other languages:
Human Rights Watch
- Organization dedicated to protecting the human rights of people around the world, standing with victims and activists to bring offenders to justice, to prevent discrimination, to uphold political freedom and to protect people from inhumane conduct in wartime. Investigates and exposes human rights violations and hold abusers accountable. In English with versions in six other languages.
The Advocacy Project
- Supporting community campaigners with information and information technology in their work for social justice, human rights, and peace.
Advocates for Religious Rights and Freedoms
- ARRF is a consociation of ministers of the International Community of Christ that seeks to preserve, protect and defend freedom of religion and to protect the right of individuals to religious expression.
Ansar Burney Welfare Trust International
- International human and civil rights organization advocating justice for all, for women and children's rights and against all forms of abuse and discrimination.
- The mission of the ADL is to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment for all citizens alike.
Carr Center for Human Rights Policy
- Researches policies and actions of governments, international organizations, and independent actors that affect human rights globally.
Center for Economic and Social Rights
- An organization that protests economic injustice in the United States and around the world. Information on events and programs, fact sheets and other resources, and how to get involved.
Center for International Policy
- Founded in 1975 by former diplomats and peace activists to promote a U.S. foreign policy based on international cooperation, demilitarization, and respect for basic human rights.
Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative
- The CHRI is a non-partisan, independent, international non-governmental organization, mandated to ensure the practical realisation of human rights within the Commonwealth.
Derechos Human Rights
- Internet based international human rights organization, working for the promotion and respect of human rights world-wide.
The Dui Hua Foundation
- A non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the protection of universally recognized human rights in China and in the United States.
Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)
- Based in San Francisco, EFF is a donor-supported membership organization working to protect fundamental rights regardless of technology; to educate the press, policymakers and the general public about civil liberties issues related to technology; and to act as a defender of those liberties.
Electronic Resource Centre for Human Rights Education and Training
- An on-line repository of human rights education and training materials, on-line forums, databases and links to other organisations and resources.
The Elie Wiesel Foundation for Humanity
- This foundation seeks to combat indifference, intolerance and injustice. Established by Elie and Marion Wiesel after he was awarded the 1986 Nobel Prize for Peace.
- Non-profit civil and human rights organization based in Detroit that unites a multicultural community in common efforts to overcome injustice and build racial harmony.
François-Xavier Bagnoud Center for Health and Human Rights
- Academic center devoted to health and human rights, based at the Harvard School of Public Health. Programs focus on international health and human rights, humanitarian crises and human rights, and development and human rights.
- Dedicated to promoting free institutions worldwide. Publishes surveys detailing state of civil liberties, political rights, economic freedom, religious freedom, and press freedom around the world.
Freedom in the World
- Ranks all independent countries according their political freedoms and civil rights. Includes links to non-independent territories.
Friends of Cuban Libraries
- Supports intellectual freedom in Cuba.
Global Human Rights Defence
- Promotes human rights throughout the world.
Human Rights Brief
- A legal resource for the international human rights community from the Center for Human Rights and Humanitarian Law at Washington College of Law.
Human Rights First
- Works to promote and protect fundamental international human rights. Includes newsletter, media alerts, lawyer-to-lawyer appeals, reports on refugee policy and asylum cases.
International Child Development Initiatives (ICDI)
- Early childhood care, risk, child labour, education, abuse, nonformal education, international development, policy development, programme development, action research, NGO management.
The International Commission of Jurists
- Organisation dedicated to the primacy, coherence and implementation of human rights. Site features database of trial observations, country reports and interventions. Also includes links to national NGOs and an online resources.
International Federation for Human Rights - FIDH
- Non-governmental organization representing a network of 155 human rights organisations throughout the world. Source of daily news concerning international law and international issues.
International Justice Mission
- Legal intervention and advocacy on behalf of victims of injustice internationally.
International League of Human Rights
- Campaigns on international human rights issues. The site presents recent human rights news, and contains on-line copies of several reports.
International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims (IRCT)
- An independent, international health professional organization, founded upon the medical response to torture. Promotes and supports the rehabilitation of torture victims and works for the prevention of torture worldwide.
International Society for Human Rights (ISHR)
- A non-governmental, non-profit organisation provides details of education projects, international campaigns and other activities.
- UK human rights charity supporting aid and awareness programmes for children and families at risk in places such as Burma, Brazil, the Philippines, Thailand, India and Liberia.
Jubilee Campaign USA
- Advocates on behalf of persecuted Christians throughout the world. Supervises international and regional human rights projects.
- Promotes civil liberties and provides a watch on any attempts by governments to reduce or interfere with such freedoms.
Migrants' Rights International (MRI)
- Information and documents relating to the MRI organization, and its campaign to ratify the 1990 convention for migrants' human rights.
MRG - Minority Rights Group International
- Works to secure the rights of ethnic, religious and linguistic minorities and indigenous peoples worldwide, and to promote cooperation and understanding between communities.
No Peace Without Justice
- An international committee seeking an effective system of international justice. Goals include the development and reform of existing international institutions, to ensure that human rights are enforced, and to campaign for the establishment of an International Criminal Court.
Nuremberg Human Rights Center
- Supports human rights worldwide. Site contains contact information and news from the institute's various areas of activity.
Office of The Americas
- Los Angeles-based organization documenting current events and political activism in North America and Latin America, including human rights, and United States foreign policy.
- A human rights organization promoting religious freedom and assisting international Christians who are victims of persecution and discrimination.
Physicians For Human Rights
- Mobilizes health professions and the public to protect the human rights of all people. A founder of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines, PHR shared the 1997 Nobel Peace Prize.
Reporters without Borders
- An organization which fights for press freedom and denounces the violations of the human rights all over the world. Multilingual site.
- A nonprofit, grassroots citizens' lobby that identifies sustainable solutions to the problems of hunger and poverty as a human rights issue, in the United States and around the world and working to generate the resources necessary to make those solutions succeed.
Scholars at Risk Network
- Aids scholars outside the United States whose work is threatened by mass or individual displacement, discrimination, censorship, harassment, intimidation, or violence.
The Social Justice Committee
- From Montreal, this organization fights poverty and human rights abuses. Education and advocacy for human rights protection in Central America and Mexico, and for economic justice in the Third World.
Universal Rights Network
- Created to promote the 50th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Uses video and other technology to fight for human rights. Group works in partnership with activists around the world to document abuses and bring evidence before courts, governments, the media, and the world.
- Working for Right Human Relations and world peace under the auspiciousness of Goodwill.
World Organisation Against Torture
- International coalition of NGOs fighting against torture, summary executions, forced disappearances and all other forms of cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment. Site features press releases, urgent appeals and the International Observatory of the Protection of Human Right Defenders.
- An international coalition of young people committed to promoting adolescent and youth sexual and reproductive rights at the national, regional and international levels.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, December 2, 2013 1:23:21 PM EST -