the entire directory
only in Issues/Human_Rights_and_Liberties
Human Rights and Liberties
Freedom of the Press
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Rights
War on Terrorism
News and Media
This category in other languages:
8th Day Center for Social Justice
- A multi-issue, social justice center supported and staffed by 30 congregations of nuns, priests and brothers which promotes analysis and action.
Access Human Rights
- A portal to human rights resources on the net, including news, government bodies, law, and treaties.
- The founder of the Body Shop reports and comments on activism, ethical business, human rights and environmentalism in a global perspective.
Artists for a New South Africa
- ANSA is a non-profit organization founded and supported by artists, activists and others dedicated to furthering democracy and equality in South Africa and civil rights in the U.S.
- Encompasses the full range of data concerning the application of the UN human rights treaty system by its monitoring treaty bodies since their inauguration.
Benjamin L. Hooks Institute for Social Change
- A research center dedicated to advancing the understanding and pursuing the goals of the American civil rights movement.
The Business of Torture
- Article by Dr. Sam Vaknin describes some examples of the business of torture in various countries.
The Center for Justice and Accountability
- Works to deter torture and other severe human rights abuses around the world by helping survivors hold their persecutors accountable.
- From About.com - Columns, link libraries, polls, and discussions about personal liberty issues.
ColorQ Human Rights Corner
- Features stories and links on worldwide human rights violations, particularly issues that receive little attention from the Western media.
Comparative Democratization Project, Stanford - Human Rights
- Links to Internet resources on human rights.
Concise Guide to Human Rights on the Internet
- Resource for finding information about human rights on the internet. Links to organizations worldwide addressing human rights issues.
Derechos Cafe - A Human Rights Hangout
- News, articles, links and chat groups about human rights issues.
Earth As It Is
- Features political, censorship and human rights news from around the world.
Falkvinge on Infopolicy
- A blog on civil liberties in the Internet age by Rick Falkvinge, a former Pirate Party MEP.
- Confronts gender-selective atrocities against men and women worldwide. Includes a growing database of historical and contemporary case-studies of gendercide, research materials, and up-to-date media coverage.
Global Witness homepage
- Highlighting the links between environmental exploitation and human rights abuses, particularly where natural resources such as timber, diamonds and oil are used to fund conflict.
Human and Constitutional Rights
- Includes constitutional rights charts, links to human rights and constitutional rights websites, news, and resources.
Human Rights & Human Welfare: An International Review
- An international review of books and other publications in the area of global human rights. Published at the Graduate School of International Studies, University of Denver.
Human Rights Discussion List
- Active mail list and discussion on subject. Bilingual, English y Español.
Human Rights Education Resource Centre
- Includes searchable databases, full-text education and training materials and interactive distance learning tools on human rights.
Human Rights Information and Documentation Systems
- HURIDOCS is a global network of organisations concerned with human rights. Functions as a decentralised network in which organisations can handle and exchange information according to their own requirements.
Human Rights Internet
- Provides human rights publications, information on children's rights and the UN human rights system, and listing of human rights organizations worldwide.
Human Rights Reporting
- Information about an annual seminar at Columbia University surveying the cutting-edge issues in promoting human rights, with a focus on reporting techniques.
Human Rights Voice
- Non profit organization involved in the sphere of international human rights, global security, economic development, economic justice and international justice, business and economic rights, and conflict resolution.
Human Rights Watch - World Report 2001
- Human Rights Watch's eleventh annual review of human rights practices around the globe covers developments in 70 countries. The report reflects extensive investigative work.
Human Rights Watch - World Report 2002
- Twelfth annual review of human rights practices and developments in sixty-six countries, covering the period from November 2000 through November 2001.
Human Rights Watch - World Report 2003
- Thirteenth annual review of human rights practices around the globe. Identifies positive and negative trends within the sphere of human rights in fifty-eight countries, covering the period from November 2001 through November 2002.
The Human Rights Web
- Human rights resources including links to relevant documents.
- Categorised links related to the field of international law and international human rights law. In English and French.
- Discusses value of human rights and whether or not governments have the moral right to violate them in defence of human lives.
The International Association for Religious Freedom
- Supports freedom of religion and belief as defined by international law. The IARF has general consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations.
International Human Rights: The Pursuit of an Ideal
- The goal of this site is to present an objective view of human rights. Topics that have been researched include the history of human rights and the pioneers responsible for it, and issues germane to the topic.
International Network for Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights
- ESCR-Net brings together diverse groups and activists committed to human rights and social justice in order to share information and strategies, establish stronger links across border and disciplines, develop a collective voice, and facilitate collaborative work among members.
Look Into My I :The Freedom Paintings
- Rebecca Barrington's plea for privacy in the public sector. Eight powerful freedom paintings from the LuLu Eccentrix Art Gallery depicting the loss of freedom.
- An open-source technology tool that assists nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) collect information on human rights abuses.
Netherlands Institute of Human Rights (SIM)
- Studies and gathers human rights documentation.
Office of the High Commissioner on Human Rights [UNHCHR]
- Oversees major programs in protecting human rights and implementing international rights agreements. Includes activities, publications and media centre.
The Raoul Wallenberg Institute of Human Rights and Humanitarian Law
- An independent academic institution based in Lund, Sweden, which promotes human rights. Information about research and education, development cooperation projects and publications.
Strategic Choices in the Design of Truth Commissions
- Site seeks to aid decision makers in societies interested in establishing a Truth Commission via analysis of the structure, design choices, and impacts of past Commissions.
Torture by Proxy
- Karen L. Snell,a specialist in constitutional litigation and international extradition, comments on Kenneth Starr's comments in The Washington Post suggesting the U.S. should cast aside traditional civil liberties in the fight against terrorism.
U.S. Department of State - Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor: Human Rights
- Provides reports on country conditions, speeches and votes in the UN, and asylum profiles; accountability and reform efforts; partnerships with organizations, governments, and multilateral institutions committed to human rights.
United Nations Agreements on Human Rights
- Summary page with links to full document.
University of Minnesota Human Rights Meta Search Engine
- Meta search engine for searching multiple human rights sites. Library includes a large collection of international human rights, and links to other human rights and international law sites.
World Audit of Democracy and Human Rights
- Focus is on democracy, human rights, press freedom, corruption and the rule of law. Daily news on democracy and human rights, links and e-commerce facilities for human rights publications.
The United States and 'The Challenge of Relativity'
- Review by US political dissident Noam Chomsky of the United States' own appalling record on human rights - not in the distant past, but in the last 50 years and continuing right up to this day. (August 01, 1997)
Usenet soc.rights.human -
Human Rights and Liberties
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 2, 2013 at 13:04:57 UTC -