become an editor
the entire directory
only in Housing/Affordable_and_Low_Income_Housing
Affordable and Low Income Housing
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Housing: Affordable and Low Income Housing
Affordable Real Estate Housing
US Department of Housing and Urban Development - HUD
Business: Real Estate: Residential: Marketing and Advertising
Science: Social Sciences: Urban and Regional Planning: Community and Economic Development
Society: Issues: Poverty
Society: Issues: Poverty: Homelessness
Society: Lifestyle Choices: Intentional Communities
Society: Philanthropy: Organizations: Habitat for Humanity
Affordable Housing Design Advisor
- Helps architects with tips on designing attractive and practical dwellings for low-income and disabled residents. Page includes examples of current residential buildings from around the US and motivations for doing such projects.
California Housing Law Project
- Advocacy organization that provides news and action alerts related to affordable housing as well as statistics and pending legislation in California.
Enterprise Community Partners
- Supports over 1200 community-based nonprofits creating homes affordable to low-income Americans. Offers funding applications and timelines, resource database, a forum and other developer support, all searchable.
Habitat International Coalition
- International links, articles, calendar and organizational information for HIC, a network of peoples' organizations and NGOs working on housing and habitat.
- California's statewide nonprofit organization representing a coalition of advocates for affordable housing and homeless issues provides action alerts; organizing materials; information about their annual conference; and links to advocates, resources, nonprofits and government sites;
HUD Community Planning & Development Affordable Housing Page
- Programs, news, laws reports, library and links from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- News feeds, discussion forums, listserve, publications and searchable index of publications related to low income housing. Site is sponsored by the Fannie Mae Foundation.
Local Initiatives Support Corporation - LISC
- Information about LISC, a nonprofit which provides grants, loans and equity investments to CDCs for neighborhood redevelopment. THe site also has best practice materials, tools and templates related to the development of affordable housing, web links and access to technical support.
McGill University School of Architecture
- Minimum Cost Housing Group offer research and support in poor urban neighborhoods in finding solutions for settlement problems. Page includes abstracts of theses, events, and publications.
- Organizational information regarding Mercy Housing, a national not-for-profit organization developing affordable rentals, low income housing, health care, and senior services.
National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials
- Housing and community development advocate for the provision of adequate and affordable housing and strong, viable communities for all Americans - particularly those with low- and moderate-incomes. Our members administer HUD programs such as Public Housing, Section 8, CDBG and HOME.
National Equity Fund, Inc.
- created in 1987 by Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) to help fuel affordable housing development through syndication of low-income housing tax credits (LIHTCs).
National Housing Conference
- A professional membership organization that focuses on affordable housing and community development issues
National Housing Federation
- Umbrella body that represents independent non-profit housing associations in the United Kingdom.
National Housing Institute
- NHI is a nonprofit organization that examines the issues causing the crisis in housing and community in America. NHI publishes "Shelterforce" magazine.
National Housing Law Project
- NHLP works to advance housing justice for the poor by providing legal assistance, advocacy advice and housing expertise to legal services, low-income housing advocacy groups, and others.
National Housing Trust Fund Campaign
- National trust fund campaign and legislative information.
National Low Income Housing Coalition
- Dedicated to ending America's affordable housing crisis. Weekly news and alerts about affordable housing.
Public Housing Agency Profiles (HUD)
- Searchable database with brief descriptions and contact information for Housing Authorities in the US
Public Housing Authorities Directors Association
- News articles, studies, resource library, calendar, member directory and other resources related to public housing operations and funding.
Research Institute for Housing America
- Publications related to mortgage and housing markets and Annual Conference on Housing Opportunity information from nonprofit sponsored by the Mortgage Bankers Association of America.
US Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Links to housing news; information about home owning, buying, renting and financing; community data; pages about how to work with HUD; a resource library; handbooks.
Affordable and Low Income Housing
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:05:05 AM EDT -