become an editor
the entire directory
only in Issues/Housing
Affordable and Low Income Housing
Assisted Living Facilities
Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Houses
Business: Construction and Maintenance: Residential Housing
Business: Real Estate: Residential
Society: Disabled: Independent Living
Society: Issues: Poverty
This category in other languages:
Almanac of Policy Issues: Housing
- News, background information, and links on U.S. housing issues, including public housing, Section 8 vouchers, and rent control.
Australasian Housing Institute
- Professional body for individual practitioners in the broad social housing sector in Australasia - linking social housing workers in Australia and New Zealand. Details of membership benefits, events and publications.
Australian Housing and Urban Research Institute (AHURI)
- A consortium of research centres funded by Australian State and Commonwealth Governments, as well as by member universities. Housing research publications.
Chartered Institute of Housing
- A professional body for people working in housing in the United Kingdom. Promotes the provision and management of good quality, affordable housing.
Community Housing NSW
- Resource for community housing providers and tenants in New South Wales.
Council for Affordable and Rural Housing
- A national advocacy and educational association for individuals and businesses involved in the financing, development and management of affordable rural housing.
Housing and Housing Policy
- Information from the UK Department for Communities and Local Government, concerning policy on housing issues.
Housing Assistance Council
- Helps local organizations in rural America build affordable homes. Includes information about loans, technical assistance, training, links, publications and relevant articles.
Housing Information Gateway
- Searchable international database on housing experts, organizations, events, bibliographies, and listservs that allows users to post additional information. Page uses frames.
Housing New Canadians Research Working Group
- Research partnership focused on housing access and discrimination in the Toronto area. Research projects examine the housing search process used by immigrants and refugees, the quality and cost of the housing they obtain, the degree to which their housing needs are met, and the nature and extent of any housing-related discrimination.
Housing Studies Association
- United Kingdom forum for housing related research and debate. Details of conference and events as well as recent publications from HSA.
Housing: A Basic Human Right
- A presentation by Ken Kimmelman, Barbara Buehler Anthony Romeo, and Dale Laurin, arguing that Aesthetic Realism explains America's housing crisis, the cause, and the solution. Speakers, petition.
- UK housing information resource, containing a social housing database, information and topical debate. Also includes an online maintenance manual.
- E-magazine concerned with social housing issues in the UK. Page includes news, feature articles and career job listings.
Joint Center for Housing Studies
- The Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University analyzes the ways in which housing policy and practices are shaped by economic and demographic trends.
Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Independent development and social research charity, supporting a wide programme of research and development projects in housing, social care and social policy.
LandlordPolitics.com: Archives of Minneapolis Property Rights Action Committee
- Describes activities and history of MPRAC, a group of inner-city landlords, offering its view of tenant-landlord issues and the treatment of landlords by the local government and news media.
Narpac: Public Housing Issues in Washington, DC
- The National Association to Restore Pride in America's Capital explains the problems of public in Washington, D.C., USA and new ways that have been used to improve this system.
NPR: Housing First
- In this yearlong special reporting project Housing First, NPR News explores the housing dilemmas of Americans with special needs -- and how lack of housing can stymy their efforts to join mainstream society.
- Providing technical services and support, helping families and communities compete for financial resources and empowering people to be leaders. Includes current programs, how to join, FAQ and related links.
- Information on all squatted buildings and areas around the world. An international forum on squatted houses, squatting and carsides.
United Nations Centre for Human Settlements - Habitat (UNCHS)
- Analyses and studies human settlement patterns, and develops methods for controlled settlement with the preservation of the environment in mind.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 27, 2015 at 22:11:13 UTC -