become an editor
the entire directory
only in Water_Treatment/Fluoridation
Health: Pharmacy: Drugs and Medications: S: Sodium Fluoride
Science: Chemistry: Elements: Fluorine
Society: Issues: Health: Dentistry
Engineering and Administrative Recommendations for Water Fluoridation, 1995
- US government instructions for proper handling and treatment of fluoridation chemicals and equipment and training guidelines for personnel.
Fluoridation of Public Water Systems: Valid Exercise of State Police Power or Constitutional Violation?
- Article by Douglas A. Balog, in Pace Environmental Law Review, Summer 1997. [PDF]
Fluoride and Fluorosis
- Information on fluoride and how to diagnose and avoid fluorosis from the Fluorosis Research and Rural Development Foundation of India. Includes scientific bibliography.
Fluoride News Tracker
- Provides news briefs from around the world regarding the use of fluoridation.
- Includes history and patent information on fluoride-containing products.
International Society for Fluoride Research
- Provides details of conferences, and features current and archived issues of the quarterly journal.
Massachusetts Coalition for Oral Health
- The Massachusetts Coalition for Oral Health (MCOH) is an organization dedicated to improving the oral health of the residents of Massachusetts through the use of effective, community-based oral health education and preventive measures. MCOH seems to be organized to fluoridate Worcester, Massachusetts
National Academies Press - Fluoride in Drinking Water: A Scientific Review of EPA's Standards
- The March 2006 576 page report is the most comprehensive report on fluoride's scientifically-referenced adverse health effects. Can be read for free online
National Academy Press - Health Effects of Ingested Fluoride
- A 1993 study examining fluoride exposure and risk of bone fracture, effects on organs and reproduction, genotoxicity, carcinogenicity, metabolism, and related issues.
National Pure Water Association
- Comprehensive descriptions of fluoridation of water and its effects. Current affairs on the water fluoridation and home of the campaign for safe, non-fluoridated water.
North Coast Fluoride Information Network
- Pro-fluoridation site states, "The evidence supporting the safety, efficacy, and cost-effectiveness of fluoridation of community water supplies comes from multiple sources covering 50 years of legitimate research published in peer reviewed journals, including both long term studies on large populations, recent confirmatory studies, and comprehensive literature reviews."
Review of Fluoride: Benefits and Risks
- Report of a 1991 U.S. Public Health Service evaluation of fluoride in the diet and in drinking water.
Why Fluoridation Is Important
- Subtitle: "Don't Let the Poisonmongers Scare You!" Discusses many arguments against fluoridation and how those tend to be invalid or incorrect.
Science and Ethics of Water Fluoridation
- Article published in the Journal of the Canadian Dental Association questions the ethics and safety of water fluoridation. [PDF] (November 01, 2001)
Journal of the Canadian Dental Association - Dietary Fluoride Supplement Protocol for the New Millennium
- Journal article. Canadian Dental Association recommends no routine fluoride supplementation until permanent teeth erupt. (July 01, 2000)
Fluoride, Hydrogen Fluoride and Fluorine
- U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services report about toxicity of fluoride included that to certain subsets of the population. (April 01, 1993)
Usenet sci.med.dentistry -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 3, 2015 at 8:05:12 UTC -