become an editor
the entire directory
only in Transplantation/Xenotransplantation
Society: Issues: Animal Welfare: Animal Experiments - Vivisection
Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Biotechnology: Genetics
- Information about the procedures involved and the risk it may have for humans.
Campaign for Responsible Transplantation
- An international coalition of physicians, scientists, and public interest groups opposing xenotransplantation because of the risk of transferring deadly animal viruses to the human population.
Diaries of Despair
- On September 21 2000, Uncaged Campaigns and the British national paper Daily Express produced what they describe as "one of the most devastating exposés of animal experimentation ever to occur: the secret history of pig-to-primate organ transplants".
Of Pigs, Primates, and Plagues
- Critique of xenotransplantation.
Setback for Animal to Human Transplants (BBC)
- Article about a moratorium, ordered by the Council of Europe, on clinical tests of animal organ transplants.
- Details of a petition filed by the Campaign for Responsible Transplantation. (December 10, 1998)
New Pig Virus Capable of Infecting Humans
- Australian scientists sounded a new warning against cross-species transplants after two piggery workers were found to be infected with a previously unknown virus, which had caused stillbirths and brain and spinal cord defects in pigs. (March 01, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 27, 2013 at 23:24:06 UTC -