become an editor
the entire directory
only in Anti-Tobacco/Regulation
Society: Issues: Health: Tobacco: Advocacy: Anti-Tobacco: Regional: United States
Action on Smoking and Health (ASH)
- Nation's oldest and leading antismoking organization takes legal action and provides information about the problems and costs of smoking. Protects the rights of nonsmokers.
Americans for Nonsmokers' Rights
- Works in favor of smokefree policies. Advocacy programs, local ordinances, news, effects of secondhand smoke, and critiques of tobacco industry actions.
Campaign for Nonsmokers' Rights
- Supports a campaign for tobacco to be made an illegal drug, and for legal penalties for its cultivation, processing, trade, or consumption.
The Case for Banning Advertising and Promotion of Tobacco
- Short factsheet lists the different kinds of promotion the tobacco industry does, and the returns it gets on each kind.
Federal Preemption Now a Barrier to Local Tobacco Ordinances
- Short report from the Health Law and Policy Institute on case law affecting state regulation of tobacco promotion.
Non Smokers' Movement of Australia
- Fighting the tobacco industry, tobacco advertising, smoking in public places and "all out-of-touch politicians who support this bogus industry". Newsletter with timely updates; publications and factsheets on tobacco history, industry strategies, and smokefree environments.
Protect Local Control
- Working to allow localities - not states or nations - to write their own ordinances about smoking in public places.
- Describes the proposed Toxic-Tobacco Law, how it differs from Prohibition, what it will accomplish, and how supporters can help get the Law passed.
BBC: Ban on smoking in public
- MPs will chose between three options to banning smoking in enclosed public spaces. (December 01, 2006)
BBC: England smoke ban to start 1 July
- A smoking ban in enclosed public places is to come into force in England in 2007. (December 01, 2006)
Smoking curbs: The global picture
- BBC News traces the recent wave of smoking bans around the world as governments try to stub out the habit. (December 01, 2006)
BBC: Campaigners welcome smoking ban
- A Government decision paves the way for a ban in England's pubs, clubs and restaurants. (February 15, 2006)
BBC: Smoking ban in all pubs and clubs
- MPs vote to end smoking in many types of public venue in England, with the ban expected to start in 2007. (February 14, 2006)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 13, 2013 at 5:54:04 UTC -