become an editor
the entire directory
only in Prevention/Teen_Smoking
Critiques of Tobacco Industry Activities
Health: Addictions: Substance Abuse: Tobacco: Teen Smoking
In the Mix: Smoking: The truth unfiltered
- The online companion to the PBS broadcast, with resources and information for teens and educators about smoking prevention, cessation, and advertising. "Cigarettes can cause serious damage to your health right now and in the near future, not just 40 years down the line".
The Badvertising Institute -- Real life projects
- Suggestions for real-life class projects from the Badvertising Institute: a tobacco tour through town, a tobacco behavior audit, tobacco marketing research, getting on the tobacco industry's mailing lists.
Death Playing Cards
- Sells tobacco education playing cards designed for teens.
Effect of Ending an Antitobacco Youth Campaign on Adolescent Susceptibility to Cigarette Smoking --- Minnesota, 2002--2003
- Research measures the effect of cutting funding for Minnesota's youth antitobacco campaign, while at the same time the tobacco industry increased its protobacco spending.
An Embattled Philip Morris Launches Advocacy Advertising Campaign
- Analysis of Philip Morris's "Action Against Access" program.
- Committed to teaching Mississippi's youth about the dangers of tobacco use.
It Is Time to Abandon Youth Access Tobacco Programs
- Research examines youth access programs and their results, and concludes they are ineffective or even counterproductive.
Letter from the California 4-H Statewide Advisory Board
- Expresses why California 4-H did not wish to "partner" with Philip Morris.
Preventing Tobacco Use and Addiction Among Young People
- Offers advice to parents on helping teens understand and resist pro-tobacco forces.
Prevention of Adolescent Use of Tobacco
- Abstracts from presentations at a health conference.
SAVE: Empowering Survivors of Tobacco Sickness
- Survivors and Victims of Tobacco Empowerment trains survivors of tobacco-related illness to speak with children and teens in schools and community groups about what tobacco products do to their customers.
- Program for middle or early high school lets students review smoking content and messages in movies and TV, becoming more media literate in the process and learning how onscreen smoking glamorizes cigarettes.
- Smoke-Free Kids is a collaboration between the Department of Health and Human Services, the U.S. Women's National Team, and US Soccer.
Smoking Got Me, The Story of Brandon Carmichael
- Tobacco products gave Brandon Carmichael a disease that cost him his leg at age 19; he now shares his story with school groups.
- Effects of smoking cigarettes. Reasons not to smoke. Put together by high school students.
Smoking: truth or dare
- Focus is on the consequences of smoking here and now, not maybe later. Here and now, smoking robs teens of their looks, nicotine addiction takes over their lives, and empties their wallets.
They're Rich, You're Dead
- University of Miami School of Medicine's Tobacco Awareness Program for Community Youth. "We want you to see what we see in our hospital patients every day from the use of tobacco". Videos in MTV and science versions; interactive web-based CD-ROM; student and teacher workbooks; images and presentations in Adobe and Powerpoint formats.
- Dedicated to defending teens from tobacco companies lies and deceptions. Requires flash plugin.
- Graphic material shows effects of tobacco products on the human body; text explains how smokers can and do die young.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 10, 2013 at 11:54:05 UTC -