This category focuses on public policy issues related to tobacco. These issues include, but are not limited to:
- Smoke-free areas,
- Activism and lobbying,
- Prevention of tobacco use,
- Promotion of tobacco use,
- Media coverage of issues,
- Economic considerations, and
- Topics focused on the effects of tobacco on the human body are organized in Health: Specific Substances: Tobacco: Effects.
- Topics focused on tobacco and addiction are organized in Health: Addictions: Substance Abuse: Tobacco.
- Topics related to the recreational use of tobacco are organized in Recreation: Tobacco.
- Manufacturers of tobacco products are organized in Recreation: Tobacco: Manufacturers.
- Wholesalers of tobacco products are organized in Recreation: Tobacco: Wholesalers.
- Online retailers of tobacco products are organized in Shopping: Tobacco.
Related categories 7
Addressing Tobacco In Managed Care
Set of research articles on how and why tobacco use is a priority in managed care, and what can be done about it.
Corpwatch - Tobacco, Free Trade and Globalization
Articles addressing how restricting tobacco is getting harder to do as the world drops trade restrictions and economies become intertwined.
The Effect of Tobacco Advertising Bans on Tobacco Consumption
Paper in the Journal of Health Economics; concludes that comprehensive bans reduce consumption, limited bans have little or no effect.
FindLaw Legal News: Tobacco
Updates on tobacco law from international to local, tobacco ligitation updates, and tobacco industry documents that feature in tobacco law.
Other languages 2
Last update:September 23, 2016 at 14:24:07 UTC