become an editor
the entire directory
only in Mental_Health/Memory_Controversies
Society: People: Men: Issues: Violence and Abuse: False Accusations: False Memory Syndrome
Abelard - The Myth of Repressed Memory
- An article which examines the proposal that humans are highly suggestible and memory is very unreliable. Site offers contact information and links to related topics.
Boards2Go: Recovered Memory Messageboards
- An open discussion board predominantly anti-recovered memories therapy.
Courage to Sue: A Parody of Psychotherapy
- A sardonic statement applying the principles found in Courage To Heal to the therapist rather than the patient.
Male Survivors of Childhood Sex Abuse
- First-person account of recovered memories from Scott Barak Abraham.
Memory and Reality
- The official website of the False Memory Syndrome Foundation. Memory studies, retractor stories, legal information, newsletters, information on hypnosis, and a scientific focus are presented.
Pseudoscience, Cross-examination, and Scientific Evidence in the Recovered Memory Controversy
- A white paper from the American Psychological Association journal "Psychology, Public Policy, and Law", examining the concept of recovered memories from a research perspective.
Recovered Memories of Sexual Abuse
- Presents scientific research and scholarly resources addressing amnesia and delayed recall for memories of childhood sexual abuse.
The Recovered Memory Project
- An Internet-based research project which is gathering corroborated cases of recovered memories.
Recovered Memory Therapy
- Description of repressed memories and recovered memory therapy from the point of view that it represents a therapy hoax.
Trauma & Cognitive Science Meeting
- Tapes available of scientific meeting covering the way in which trauma interacts with information processing. A particular focus will be on how traumatic information is encoded, stored, and later retrieved from memory.
Treating Patients With Memories of Abuse : Legal Risk Management
- Written by Samuel J. Knapp and Leon VandeCreek, this book covers the treatment of adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse--particularly patients who recover memories while in treatment. Order page.
Science Daily | "I Tawt I Taw" A Bunny Wabbit At Disneyland: New Evidence Shows False Memories Can Be Created
- Article describing an experiment where about one-third of the people who were exposed to a fake print advertisement that described a visit to Disneyland and how they met and shook hands with Bugs Bunny later said they remembered or knew the event happened to them. (June 12, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 16, 2013 at 8:35:07 UTC -