become an editor
the entire directory
only in Mental_Health/Medication
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Health: Mental Health: Medication
Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Substance Related
Health: Pharmacy: Drugs and Medications
Society: Issues: Health: Drugs: Illegal
Society: Issues: Health: Mental Health: Anti-Psychiatry Organizations
AtHealth: Medications for Mental Illnesses
- NIH booklet to help people understand the use of medication in the treatment of mental illness.
Brainzaps: A Journal of Effexor Withdrawal
- A support and awareness-raising resource for those experiencing discontinuation effects from the antidepressant Effexor, including a weblog documenting the author's withdrawal process.
A Different Kind of Drug War
- An article which discusses a higher standard of care when prescribing mind-altering drugs for school children.
- Dr. Scott Zentner, board-certified psychiatrist, shares his insights about new psychotropic medications and other mental health issues.
- News and articles regarding the negative aspects of psychiatric drugs.
HelpGuide - Medications for Treating Depression and Anxiety
- Non-commercial resources for learning about the risks and benefits of medications for depression and anxiety. Also includes information on controversies surrounding SSRIs.
Med Help International Mental Health Forum
- A question forum for prescription psychiatric drugs, answered by a medical doctor. Readers can view previous answers at no charge.
Medicate Your Dissent
- Article by philosopher and medical ethicist Carl Elliott that considers the effect of anti-depressants on dissent.
- An article by a poet, Dean Blehert, on the possible danger of administering psychotropic drugs to creative people.
Why Am I Taking so Many Medications?
- Positive and negative reasons for the increase in medication use in America. A balanced view of this phenomenon.
Business Week: When the Cure May Make You Sicker
- Article that presents an argument that most prescription medications are not really safe. Author cites psychiatric medications that have caused problems. (March 16, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, October 18, 2007 9:37:14 AM EDT -