become an editor
the entire directory
only in Health/Mental_Health
ECT - Electroconvulsive Therapy
Policy and Advocacy
Use of Restraints
Health: Mental Health
Science: Social Sciences: Cognitive Science
Alternative Mental Health.com
- Alternative Mental Health.com is a guide to alternative mental health(non-psychiatric, health-oriented). The site features a directory of practitioners, organizations and experts from several countries.
As For The Sky, Falling
- A book that combines a first-person account of life on a psychiatric ward with a critical analysis of the psychiatric system.
Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation
- A research, training, and service organization dedicated to improving the lives of people who have psychiatric disabilities.
Center for the Study of Psychiatry and Psychology
- Peter R. Breggin, M.D. founded The International Center for the Study of Psychiatry and Psychology (ICSPP) as a nonprofit research and educational network 25 years ago and warns the media and the public about the potential dangers of drugs, electroshock, psychosurgery, and the biological theories of psychiatry.
- Review of a guide to recognizing an incompetent, immoral or quack therapist.
Essays on Psychology and Life
- Essays on therapy, failed therapy, managed care, the Columbine High School massacre, Bill Clinton's "attention deficit disorder", and other mental health topics.
The First Grrrl
- She spent years championing the rights of the disabled and the forgotten. When she became the underdog in her own life, she struggled just as fiercely to save herself.
Mental Illness Education Project: Fighting Stigma
- The social stigma of mental illness makes it harder for those affected to cope with and accept the illness, undermines treatment and recovery, and exacerbates the problems of family members who participate in care. Stigma also diminishes the support given to the professionals who endeavor to provide that care.
Mind, Body and Society
- Enquiry and research on the interplay between mind, body, and society. Includes sections on consciousness, psychosis, imagination, health, sickness, and death.
National Association for Rights Protection and Advocacy
- An organization opposed to psychiatric abuses and involuntary treatment.
Psychiatry Anti-Psychiatry Re-visited
- David Coopers' discoveries in psychodynamics of Schizophrenia and his criticisms of psychiatry.
Report Psychiatric Abuse
- Citizens' Commission on Human Rights (CCHR)Database of psychiatric crimes; form for reporting psychiatric abuses; video presentation.
Support Groups Chats For Mental Health
- Information and communities for depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and other metal conditions. Includes news, editorials and chat.
The Thomas S. Szasz Cybercenter for Liberty and Responsibility
- Advances the debate about Thomas S. Szasz's basic ideas and their practical applications.
Till Death Do Us Part: The Marriage of Art and Madness
- Graduate thesis exploring the relationship between art and madness.
White Wreath Association Inc. - Action Against Suicide
- A voluntary organization that advocates changes to the mental health system and also raises funds to build care centers.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 15, 2014 at 0:07:46 UTC -