become an editor
the entire directory
only in Food,_Drink_and_Nutrition/Infant_Feeding
Food, Drink and Nutrition
Business: Food and Related Products: Baby Food
Health: Child Health: Infant and Toddlers: Nutrition
Baby Feeding Law Group
- A coalition of UK organizations working for the implementation of the International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes into UK legislation. Includes a members listing, information on their activities, and a resource section.
Baby Milk Action
- UK organization (member of IBFAN) campaigns against inappropriate infant feeding and irresponsible marketing. Includes information about their activities, policy papers, and news; also offer information specifically on Nestlé.
Breast Feeding Committee for Canada
- Dedicated to protecting, promoting and supporting breastfeeding as the normal method of infant feeding and the implementation of the Baby-Friendly Initiative. Information about their activities, membership, newsletters and press releases.
Breastfeeding Promotion Network of India (BPNI)
- A national network promoting mother and child health through support of breastfeeding. Information about their programs for education and training, advocacy, social mobilization, and monitoring compliance with legislation.
Geneva Infant Feeding Association (GIFA)
- Maintains a documentation centre for, and coordinates IBFAN groups in Europe; also represents IBFAN network to government delegations at the UN. Information about their activities and publications. [German, French and English]
- Protecting, supporting and promoting breast-feeding in Canada. Offers information about national activities and international campaigning issues, a newsletter, press releases, and resources.
Innocenti Declaration on the Protection, Promotion and Support of Breastfeeding
- Text of a declaration produced and adopted by participants at the WHO/UNICEF policymakers' meeting held at the Spedale degli Innocenti, Florence, Italy, on 30 July-1 August 1990.
International Baby Food Action Network (IBFAN)
- A world-wide network of organizations working to reduce infant and child mortality; promotes breast-feeding and campaigns against irresponsible and dangerous corporate practices. Includes background on the issue, news, "Code-Watch", resources, and a listing of members. [multi-lingual]
Nataional Alliance for Breast-Feeding Advocacy (NABA)
- Dedicated to the protection, promotion and support of breastfeeding in the US. Information about their activities, legal issues, news and alerts, and their publications.
New Zealand Breast Feeding Authority
- A coalition of groups working to establish the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative, and for breastfeeding to become the cultural norm; includes information on their programs, activities, and membership.
Ted Greiner's Breastfeeding Website
- A collection of his papers on different aspects of breastfeeding promotion - including health and nutritional aspects, the impact of HIV, breastfeeding in developing countries, and the international code for the marketing of breastmilk substitutes. [multilingual]
Third World Network (TWN)
- An account of the pressures exerted by multinational corporations on governments in Africa, Asia and S America to undermine the International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes.
World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA)
- Formed in 1991 as a global network of organizations and individuals to protect, promote and support the right of all mothers and children to breastfeeding, acting on the Innocenti Declaration. Information about their programs, activities, partners and resources.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 28, 2013 at 14:52:23 UTC -