become an editor
the entire directory
only in Medical/Drug_Safety
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Health: Drugs: Medical: Drug Safety
Health: Pharmacy: Drugs and Medications
Science: Biology: Toxicology
Society: Issues: Health: Iatrogenesis
Society: Issues: Health: Research
Adverse Psychiatric Reactions Information Link
- Adverse drug reactions cannot be predicted. Reactions are often unrelated to the condition for which the medication was prescribed. Adverse reaction or withdrawal symptoms can resemble psychiatric illness.
- Dr. Greene answers a parent's question about antibiotic dosages and why the prescribed amount may differ from one infection to the next.
The David Healy Affair
- David Healy is an expert in psychiatric medicine. His job offer was abruptly rescinded due to claims he made about Prozac causing suicidal behaviour in a small percentage of cases. Some say this was due to pressure from Prozac's manufacturer. Site contains the contested lecture, letters and a transcript of a documentary.
- An extensive resource on the regulation of pharmaceuticals and medical devices focusing on the Food and Drug Administration. Includes a history, an evaluation of policy, and a bibliography with many links.
MedWatch - The FDA Medical Products Reporting Program
- How to report adverse events/reactions to medications, drug products or medical devices to the Food and Drug Administration voluntary reporting system.
The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) - Prescription Medications
- Resources on prescription drug misuse, abuse, and addiction. Includes information about different drugs and partner organizations.
Making Medicines Safer - The Need for an Independent Drug Safety Board
- From the New England Journal of Medicine. "Currently, after a drug is approved for marketing, we rely on a voluntary reporting system based on the assumption that a drug is safe... It is remarkable that at a time when the technology for collecting and analyzing large amounts of data is readily available, an independent, comprehensive, and systematic program of post-marketing drug surveillance does not exist." (December 17, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, December 17, 2011 7:05:06 AM EST -