become an editor
the entire directory
only in Sexually_Transmitted_Diseases/AIDS
Conditions and Diseases
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Health: Conditions and Diseases: Sexually Transmitted Diseases: AIDS
Race and Ethnicity
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Immune Disorders: Immune Deficiency: AIDS
Looking for the Light: A Decade of Living with HIV
- A series of multimedia essays about the past decade of the AIDS crisis, with topics ranging from AIDS treatments to AIDS adoptions.
- Resources from AIDS Action, including information about federal and state appropriations, Medicaid, court cases, and housing.
- Information about the problem of AIDS-related stigma, referring to prejudice, discounting, discrediting, and discrimination directed at people perceived to have AIDS or HIV.
- Information about HIV infection, testing, prevention and treatment; plus pages about AIDS in specific countries, statistics, and personal stories.
Articles about AIDS
- Living and coping with AIDS. Topics include a support group in Brooklyn and AIDS in Vietnam.
Beating the Gay Stigma of AIDS
- Article on the 2001 United Nations special session on HIV and AIDS. From the Gully; a queer activist e-zine.
- Gateway to HIV/AIDS knowledge from the University of California, San Francisco. Comprehensive medical and societal news.
HIV and AIDS images
- Several educational posters from the mid-1980's until the present. Images of condoms, ribbons, pills, T-cells. Mostly UK images.
HIV/AIDS and the Mentally Handicapped
- Resources from The Body related to HIV positive mentally handicapped persons.
Health Global Access Project
- Campaign to eliminate barriers to global access to affordable life-sustaining medicines for people living with HIV/AIDS. Organization and campaign details, news, press releases, resources.
Hemophilia and HIV/AIDS
- A collection of resources related to hemophiliacs and HIV, including topics such as the safety of the blood supply and tained blood products, from The Body.
Older People and HIV/AIDS
- Resources on HIV and the elderly, senior citizens, and older adults, from The Body.
PASCA (Proyecto Accion SIDA de Centroamerica)
- A bilingual information resource page on HIV/AIDS by the Central American HIV/AIDS Prevention Project. Also in English.
- Features poetry and prose written by people with HIV.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, August 8, 2010 9:29:07 AM EDT -