become an editor
the entire directory
only in Conditions_and_Diseases/Cancer
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Cancer
Pink Ribbon Blues, the Blog
- Sociologist Gayle Sulik argues that the atmosphere of pink ribbon campaigns about breast cancer is actually detrimental to women's well-being.
Think Before You Pink
- Asks people to think critically about pink ribbons and other feel-good marketing about cancer awareness, and about cancer charities. Current and past campaigns, events, information on cause marketing.
Our Feel-Good War on Breast Cancer
- In-depth essay questions the value of disease awareness. In particular, health campaigns have not resulted in progress on ending breast cancer. [New York Times Magazine] (April 25, 2013)
Cancer Patients' Dilemma: Expensive Pills Vs. Invasive Chemo Treatment
- Insurance companies often don't cover chemotherapy pills, because the companies regard them as a prescription drug, whereas the same medication administered through an IV would be a medical benefit. [Kaiser Health News] (April 27, 2010)
National Post: "Drug plans not created equal"
- Report about current status about the lack of availability in Canada of life prolonging cancer drugs. (February 01, 2006)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 15, 2016 at 6:35:19 UTC -