become an editor
the entire directory
only in Conditions_and_Diseases/Cancer
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Health: Conditions and Diseases: Cancer
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Cancer
Cancer Prevention Coalition
- Information on the avoidable causes, prevention, and the politics of cancer. Headed by Samuel Epstein, M.D., Professor of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Univ. of IL at Chicago.
Pink Ribbon Blues, the Blog
- Sociologist Gayle Sulik argues that the atmosphere of pink ribbon campaigns about breast cancer is actually detrimental to women's well-being.
Think Before You Pink
- Asks people to think critically about pink ribbons and other feel-good marketing about cancer awareness, and about cancer charities. Current and past campaigns, events, information on cause marketing.
Cancer Patients' Dilemma: Expensive Pills Vs. Invasive Chemo Treatment
- Insurance companies often don't cover chemotherapy pills, because the companies regard them as a prescription drug, whereas the same medication administered through an IV would be a medical benefit. [Kaiser Health News] (April 27, 2010)
Parity for oral and intravenous/injected cancer drugs
- Analysis of what chemotherapy parity legislation would mean for insurance providers, from actuarial and consulting firm Milliman. Report is in PDF. (January 25, 2010)
National Post: "Drug plans not created equal"
- Report about current status about the lack of availability in Canada of life prolonging cancer drugs. (February 01, 2006)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, October 15, 2011 4:19:19 AM EDT -