become an editor
the entire directory
only in Health/Body_Image
Body Dysmorphic Disorder
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Skin Disorders: Birthmarks
Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Eating
Health: Mental Health: Self-Help: Self-Esteem
Health: Support Groups: Conditions and Diseases: Facial Differences
Health: Women's Health
Society: Issues: Children, Youth and Family: Advocacy Groups: Girl Empowerment
This category in other languages:
- Articles, features, news and polls on a variety of body image topics.
Bella Online: Body Image
- Articles and forum devoted to improving self-esteem by developing a better body image.
The Body Burden - Living in the Shadow of Barbie
- Information about and reviews of the book by Stacey Handler, granddaughter of the woman who created the Barbie doll, in which she openly discloses her own battle with her body image.
Body Image Health
- Promoting healthy body image attitudes. Preventing eating and weight concerns.
- Features articles, forums, psychological exercises, activism ideas, and resources.
bOObs: A Guide to Your Girls
- Celebrate your breasts: health and cancer issues to breastfeeding and cosmetic surgery.
Council on Size and Weight Discrimination
- Articles, links and resources on discrimination and media images, with information about how to become a media-watch volunteer.
Does Your Daughter Have a Positive Body Image?
- Teenage girls tend to struggle with body image in far greater numbers than boys.
Male Body Image
- Brief article examining the idea of male bodily perfection.
- From the Social Issues Research Center, a summary of findings on body image.
Short Persons Support
- Provides support and reference material to persons of short stature and creates a forum to teach people about the social issues of being short.
NPR : Beauty Series, Part 1: Setting the Beauty Agenda
- NPR's Susan Stamberg talks with Linda Wells, editor of Allure magazine about the magazine, its coverage of beauty issues, and how it chooses what goes on the cover. [6:10 Realaudio broadcast] (June 15, 2004)
NPR : Beauty Series, Part 2: Pitching Beauty to Teens
- Jean Kilbourne, author of Can't Buy My Love -- How Advertising Changes the Way We Think and Feel, says the media have created an ideal of beauty for young girls that is dangerously unachievable. Kilbourne speaks with NPR's Susan Stamberg in the second in a series of conversations on the nature of beauty. [6:44 Realaudio broadcast] (June 15, 2004)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 19, 2015 at 11:35:04 UTC -