become an editor
the entire directory
only in Health/Alcohol
Minimum Drinking Age
Health: Addictions: Substance Abuse: Alcohol
Health: Specific Substances: Alcoholic Beverages
Recreation: Food: Drink: Drinking
This category in other languages:
- Alcohol In Moderation is an organization promoting a sensible and moderate drinking message. Information from scientific researchers, the beverage alcohol industry and associations, on research, health issues and legislation.
Alcohol Abuse Prevention: Some Serious Problems
- Articles question the honesty and integrity of eight organizations in the field of preventing alcohol abuse. The author is David Hanson, Ph.D., a professor emeritus at State University of New York.
Alcohol and Your College Experience - Facts on Tap
- A national alcohol prevention, intervention, and education program used by universities across the United States.
Alcohol Epidemiology Program at the University of Minnesota
- Research program to discover effective community and policy interventions to reduce alcohol-related social and health problems. Includes findings, and information about effective policies.
- Created by Anheuser-Busch to highlight research and statistics regarding alcohol abuse, drunk driving, and responsible consumption.
- The flow of alcohol ads and cheap-drink specials aimed at college students may be one factor in high rates of binge drinking.
- College campus alcohol issues speaker that carries a message about health and abuse.
The Century Council
- The American distilling industry's organization fighting drunk driving and illegal underage drinking through alcohol education, law enforcement, legislation and retailer support.
College Drinking: Changing the Culture
- Resources for changing the college drinking culture. Includes research and approaches to prevention, with interactive tools for students and educators.
FACE - Truth and Clarity on Alcohol
- A national non-profit organization that supports sensible alcohol practices through the development of messages, strategies, and training.
History of Alcohol Prohibition
- Summary of policies in the United States from the colonial period through the repeal in 1933 of the Prohibition (21st) Amendment to the Constitution. Includes references.
Intoxication: Its Benefits and Costs
- Intoxication is rewarding for precisely the same reason it produces suffering - it diminishes the influence of remote stimuli.
- A recovery program and national support group network for people who have made the decision to reduce their drinking and make other lifestyle changes.
R U Pissed?
- Includes an online alcohol blood alcohol content calculator.
Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS)
- Offers programs for training people to responsibly serve, sell and consume alcohol.
- Program by University of Michigan Health System for people with mild to moderate alcohol problems.
The Washington Regional Alcohol Program
- Tackles underage drinking and drunk driving in greater Washington, DC., including providing sober rides.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 11, 2014 at 14:05:09 UTC -