the entire directory
only in Issues/Health
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Health
Conditions and Diseases
Female Genital Mutilation
Food, Drink and Nutrition
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Health and the Environment
The Codex Alimentarius
Workplace Health and Safety
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Musculoskeletal Disorders: Amputee: Elective Amputation
Health: News and Media
Health: Public Health and Safety: Indigenous Health
Health: Resources: Consumer Information
Society: Philosophy: Ethics: Applied: Bioethics
Society: Support Groups
This category in other languages:
American Council on Science and Health
- A consumer education consortium concerned with issues related to food, nutrition, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, lifestyle, the environment and health. ACSH is an independent, nonprofit, tax-exempt organization.
- From the Why Files.
Case Western Reserve University - Program on Society and Health
- Interdisciplinary group which studies the impact of biomedical technology, health policy, and demographic shifts on society. Mission statement, upcoming events, past events, future plans, and faculty listing.
Consumers Union - Health Care
- Provides information on health services, medicaid, nursing homes and long-term care, insurance, prescription drugs, safety issues, and health care organizations.
Global Health Corps
- Promoting global health equity by connecting outstanding young leaders worldwide with organizations working on the frontlines. Includes information about the program and application process, FAQ, partners, current Fellows and blog.
- Promotes the assessment and testing of treatments, whether 'orthodox' or 'alternative'.
PBS - Rx for Survival: A Global Health Challenge
- Series about the most critical and emerging threats to global public health, and the leaders who deal with them. Includes information about the television series, the book, how to get involved, background information and teaching resources.
Partners In Health
- Research, advocacy and publications related to health, worldwide. Focus upon the poor. Partners with projects in Haiti, Peru, Mexico, United States, with a goal of neither development or charity, but "pragmatic solidarity".
What Doctors Don't Tell You
- Information database and monthly magazine informing patients of side effects of drugs, and possible alternative remedies.
Usenet talk.politics.medicine -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, July 7, 2012 5:40:39 AM EDT -