become an editor
the entire directory
only in Government_Operations/Freedom_of_Information
Freedom of Information
News: Journalism: Issues
Reference: Libraries: Government Documents
Society: Issues: Government Operations: Government Secrecy
Society: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties: Freedom of the Press
The Access Initiative
- A global network that promotes access to information, participation, and justice in environmental decision-making. Includes background information, a blog, resources, and an events calendar.
Freedom of Information Advocates Network (FOIAnet)
- An international information-sharing network of organizations and individuals working to promote the right of access to information. Includes list of members, details of "Right to Know Day", news, events, and resources.
Freedom of Information: A Comparative Legal Survey
- Study by Toby Mendel of UNESCO. Covers international standards and trends, features of an FOI regime, chapters on individual countries, and a comparative analysis. [PDF]
- A one-stop portal that describes best practices, consolidates lessons learned, explains campaign strategies and tactics, and links the efforts of freedom-of-information advocates around the world.
India - Right to Information Act
- Information about the act, guides for organisations and information seekers, and the text of a review of the act carries out by PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Ireland - Office of the Information Commissioner
- Site of the official charged with overseeing compliance with the FOI act in Ireland. Includes details of the regulations, a list of public bodies, details of how to make an information request or a review by the commissioner, and decisions and court judgements related to the act.
- A blog about information law, maintained by 11KBW’s Information Law Practice Group.
Wikipedia: Freedom of Information Legislation
- Encyclopedia article about FOI laws around the world.
- News and resource site that takes its name from a Dutch journalistic slang term meaning to obtain documents through Freedom of Information legislation.
Freedom of Information
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 21, 2015 at 7:45:05 UTC -