become an editor
the entire directory
only in Issues/Government_Operations
Freedom of Information
Public Private Partnerships
War on Drugs
Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation
Society: Issues: Property Rights
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict
Society: Politics: Federalism and Devolution
Almanac of Policy Issues: Government Reform
- Background information and links on government reform issues, including campaign finance reform, term limits, devolution, government performance (GPRA), and regulatory reform.
America for Sale?
- Site charges that "America and its laws are for sale to the highest bidder." Police, county, state, and government abuse stories and discussion.
Better Government Association
- Originally founded 75 years ago to fight the pernicious influence of Chicago's Capone mob. Today continues to investigate waste, fraud and corruption in politics and government.
The Center for Public Integrity
- Nonprofit, nonpartisan organization does investigations and analyses of public service, government accountability, and ethics related issues. Features news, projects and reports.
CIA Testing LSD on Citizens
- Stansfield Turner's testimony at 1977 Senate Hearing on the subject of this agency using Lysergic Acid on unwitting subjects.
- Citizens' lobbying group with 250,000 members nationwide devoted to making government more accountable and ethical at the national, state and local level. Widely regarded as the leading organization working for campaign finance reform.
Congressional Accountability Project
- Ralph Nader organization working against corruption in the US Congress by pushing for ethics violation investigations, increased transparency and other reforms.
Federation of American Scientists
- Topics covered include arms sales monitoring, biological weapons, cyberstrategy, intelligence reform, military analysis, monitoring emerging diseases, nuclear weapons, secrecy and government, and space policy. Also has links to various Washington-based working groups.
Global Organization of Parliamentarians Against Corruption
- Fights corruption in world parliaments by offering information, events and resolutions. Includes list of member countries and board of directors. [English, French, Spanish]
Going Postal: An Inside Look at the USPS
- A story of four years of hell as a US Post Office letter carrier.
Google - Government Requests
- Requests from government agencies around the world to remove content from Google and YouTube, or provide information about users of their services and products.
Government Accountability Project: Whistleblower Support
- Whistleblowing, governmental wrongdoing and official misconduct.
Government Purchasing Project
- Dedicated to protecting the environment and human health through the effective use of purchasing power in addition to traditional advocacy. GPP works to encourage the government to use its immense purchasing power to promote safe, cost-effective, energy-efficient, and environmentally-sound products.
- Guide to money in U.S. politics, including campaign money amounts and sources, searchable by party, candidate, lobbyist and election cycle. From the Center for Responsive Politics.
- The Clinton Administration has admitted to paying the television networks to give the government editorial control of television shows. Not a joke.
The Problems of Not Having a TV in the UK
- An example of how people who do not have televisions are treated by the British Television Licensing Authority.
Project on Government Oversight
- A non-partisan non-profit government watchdog whose mission is to investigate, expose, and remedy abuses of power, mismanagement, and government subservience to special interests by the federal government.
Public Dialogue and Citizens' Bureaux in Sweden
- Like many other industrialized countries, Sweden is entering into a new society where the emphasis is increasingly put on the importance of knowledge for development. This has created a new climate for public administration. [pdf]
Public Governance and Management, OECD
- Topics include regulatory reform, public sector budgeting and management, sustainable development, citizen participation in policymaking, and fighting corruption.
- News about corruption around the world, especially in developing countries. Includes events calendar and newsfeed links.
- Salon article supporting the view that U.S. agencies share with international policing community, what activists to watch out for, even when only misdemeanors occurred.
The Taxpayer Assets Project
- Founded by Ralph Nader in 1988 to monitor the management and sale of government property.
Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse
- Uses the Freedom of Information Act to acquire data and trends information on the enforcement activities of the federal government including the FBI, IRS, Immigration and Naturalization Service and the Drug Enforcement Administration.
- A non-governmental organisation dedicated to increasing government accountability and curbing corruption.
The True Size of Government
- Article discusses the actual size of the United States Federal workforce.
- Global hub for pro bono legal work and a free source of news and information about good governance. A Thomson Reuters Foundation service.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 20, 2015 at 17:29:30 UTC -