become an editor
the entire directory
only in Gay,_Lesbian,_and_Bisexual/Boy_Scouts_of_America
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Boy Scouts of America
Recreation: Scouting: Resources: Social Issues
Curran vs. Boy Scouts Lawsuit
- Tim Curran's personal web site describing his dismissal and subsequent lawsuit against the Mt. Diablo Council of the BSA
Discrimination in the Boy Scouts of America
- A collection of news articles, essays, and other resources on the Boy Scouts of America, its policies, and recent court cases.
Episcopal Bishops call for Inclusive Boy Scout Leadership
- The Episcopal Church approved a resolution in an attempt to open a dialogue with the BSA regarding its membership policies.
FindLaw's Writ - Yoshino: Scout Loophole
- Legal commentary by Kenji Yoshino on the implications of the Supreme Court's decision in BSA v. Dale
Religious and Sexual Orientation Discrimination: Boy Scouts of America
- A collection of essays and background material on the BSA's membership policies maintained by the Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance
Scouting for All
- Scouting for All is a national nonprofit, 501(c)3, advocacy organization working to change the Boy Scouts of America's exclusionary polices against atheists and gays.
War on the Boy Scouts, Round 2 (WorldNetDaily)
- Follow-up article by Joseph Farah describing many recent actions taken against the Boy Scouts in the wake of the US Supreme Court decision. (January 09, 2001)
The war on the Boy Scouts (WorldNetDaily)
- Commentary by Joseph Farah describing the assault on the Boy Scouts by homosexual political activists and atheists. (January 04, 2001)
Separation of morals and state (WorldNetDaily)
- Alan Keyes analyzes homosexual activists' battle against the Boy Scouts (December 30, 2000)
Tying the Boy Scouts in Knots
- Gay columnist Dan Savage calls his local Boy Scout council asking how the BSA's policies would affect his son's participation in Cub Scouts. (July 20, 2000)
Boy Scout Battle Pits Gay Activists vs. Minority Kids
- Heather Mac Donald, writing for the Wall Street Journal, warns that poor, minority children will suffer if gay-rights activists persuade corporations and others to withhold support from Boy Scouts. (July 06, 2000)
Gay and Lesbian Scouts Received With Open Arms in Tolerant Canada
- San Francisco Chronicle article about the 129th Toronto Scout Group, and Canada accepting gay and lesbian scouts there. (July 03, 2000)
Why the Boy Scouts Work
- Heather Mac Donald, writing for City Journal, provides a detailed history of inner-city scouting and then argues that the position of activists trying to change the BSA is that "furthering the gay-rights crusade takes precedence over helping inner-city children." (January 01, 2000)
Usenet rec.scouting.issues -
Boy Scouts of America
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 11, 2014 at 18:54:04 UTC -