become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fraud/Internet
Computer Virus Hoaxes
Fake Escrow Sites
Make Money Fast
Nigerian Email Fraud
Computers: Internet: Abuse
Computers: Internet: E-mail: Spam
Reference: Education: Instructional Technology: Evaluation: Web Site Evaluation
Society: Issues: Business: Allegedly Unethical Firms
Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Computers: Internet
Internet Crime Complaint Center
- A partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C). Alerts for consumers and easy-to-use reporting mechanism for fraud. Formerly the Internet Fraud Complaint Center.
The Anatomy of Clickbot.A
- Provides a detailed case study of the architecture of the Clickbot.A botnet that attempted a low-noise click fraud attack against syndicated search engines. The botnet of over 100,000 machines was controlled using a HTTP-based botmaster.
Artists Against 419
- Covering advanced fee fraud scams and fake banks.
Carbuyingtips.com - Fraud Guide
- Consumer guide to preventing and fighting eBay, escrow, auto, internet, cashiers check, and Nigerian scams. Tips on how to spot phony escrow companies and report the scammers.
- Accepts and lists reports on dating scammers, for the UK. Offers the ability to check existing people and help make the UK dating scene a better place.
Cyber Criminals Most Wanted
- Overview of cyber criminal activity that includes safety, security, viruses, scams, filtering, encryption, hackers and government legislation.
- Computer crime section of the Department of Justice contains links relating to internet commerce, intellectual property crimes, cybercrimes and general information.
Digital Age Fraud
- Central source of information about the Digital Age Cyprus MasterCard/Visa fraudulent charge.
Federal Bureau of Investigation - Common Fraud Schemes
- Describes scams to avoid, most of which are internet-related.
- An archive of various scams and fraudulent activities, plus a multilingual support forum.
Hoaxes, Scams and Rip-offs
- Basics on hoaxes, scams and rip-offs on the internet. How to spot them and where to report them. Useful links
How to Avoid Internet Investment Scams
- Securities and Exchange Commission information about investment fraud.
- Department of Justice site includes information defining Internet fraud, what to do about it, and where to go to get more information.
- Extensive information on fraud, scams, hoaxes, urban legends and credit card fraud. Free e-zine and reports.
An Introduction to Internet Fraud
- A introduction explaining many aspects of fraud on the internet.
Money Laundering Fraud
- Tracks current fraudulent "money mule" operations operated through the Internet.
National Fraud Information Center
- Provides a page devoted to Internet fraud.
- An archive of fraudulent and suspect emails, concentrating on bogus job offers and related topics.
- Information about people who use dating sites or social networks to con victims out of money. Peer support for those who have been tricked.
Scam Victims United
- Information on scams and support from other victims.
- Information on dating fraud plus an archive of emails, documents and pictures. Membership required for some features.
- Extensive resource for identifying and debunking computer virus hoaxes and myths.
- Consumer protection service site provides means to register complaints, free ShopAssured download alerts shoppers when entering e-commerce site, free reports on business's consumer performance.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 30, 2014 at 17:24:15 UTC -