the entire directory
only in Issues/Fraud
Advance Fee Fraud
Health and Safety
Computers: Internet: E-mail: Spam
Home: Consumer Information
Society: Issues: Business
Society: Issues: Business: Allegedly Unethical Firms
This category in other languages:
American Alcohol Analyzers Fraud
- Reports on a fraudulent "company" that sells coin operated breathalyzer vending machines.
American Petroleum Promotions Fraud
- Resources for independent sales representatives left out in the cold.
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- International 25,000-member professional organization dedicated to fighting fraud and white-collar crime.
Avoid Becoming a Victim of Credit Card Fraud
- Information for merchants who operate e-commerce sites on recognizing signs of fraud and what to do if you become a victim.
A Bell Tolls
- How to avoid pre-paid phone card scams. Learn the tricks, questions to ask, and what to do to avoid being the victim of a prepaid calling card scam.
Better Business Bureau
- Better Business Bureaus can alert you to complaints against companies in your area.
- Provides information, news, alerts and resources to assist consumers in identifying scams and bad deals.
- Article about the spread of counterfeit cash, and the art of J.S.G. Boggs.
Crimes of Persuasion
- Information on the workings and scope of telemarketing and investment fraud and consumer scams.
- Guide and links to information on major financial scandals, bank frauds, money laundering, corruption, scams, and organized crime.
Fraud-Aid - First aid for fraud victims
- Free online fraud victim assistance and education.
- Collection of articles, news, videos and reports of scams on the internet.
Lies People Tell
- Real lies from real lives.
Marlock's Fraudtech Institute of Cons, Frauds and Other Lies
- Beating the con artists of our society at their own game isn't difficult once you know how the games are played. This public service site provides all who visit with the knowledge needed to survive in a world of deception.
- Seeks to educate about various types of scams and frauds, how these deals really work, and how to manage the risks.
- Interactive community dedicated to fighting consumer fraud. Features 'report a scam' section, fraud resources and email alert service.
- Highlights of historical scams, frauds, bubbles, pyramids, cons and humbugs.
- Amusing site providing information on all types of scams.
- Comprehensive site providing information on several types of scams, schemes and fraud. Site information is provided by various Australian consumer protection agencies but most of the information is universal.
Seniors Beware--Don't Become a Victim of Fraud
- The Ohio State University Extension provides information on how to identify a fraud.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 3, 2014 at 11:29:11 UTC -