become an editor
the entire directory
only in Family_Planning/Emergency_Contraception
Health: Reproductive Health: Birth Control: Emergency Contraception
The Christian Institute - The Morning After Pill Promoting Promiscuity
- UK Christian organization discusses many objections to emergency contraception and programs to increase the availability of "morning after" birth control.
Consortium for Emergency Contraception
- International consortium promoting availability of emergency contraception and providing advice on developing local programs. Advocacy information, reports on experiences with EC in developing countries, and other materials.
Emergency Contraception (a.k.a. "Morning After Pill")
- A thorough summary of the issues, from ReligiousTolerance.org.
FDA: Plan B Information
- US FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research documents related to the proposal to move this emergency contraception medication to over-the-counter status. Includes FAQ about the drug and the review process.
The Morning After Pill
- Site asserts that "morning after" emergency contraception is just another abortion approach that kills a human life.
Contraception Editorial: From American Idol to Plan B: A Call for a Shift in Priorities
- Perspectives on the effectiveness and potential for emergency contraception to reduce unintended pregnancy in the U.S. (November 01, 2007)
Plan B: The Behind-the-Counter Over-the-Counter Pill?
- Article traces the saga of the controversies and delays related to the request for U.S. FDA approval of over the counter sales of the emergency contraceptive. (August 09, 2006)
Plan B Pill Snarls FDA Nominee Hearings
- US Today reports that over-the-counter emergency contraception was the main issue in Congressional hearings on the nomination of Andrew von Eschenbach to head the Food and Drug Administration. (August 01, 2006)
CNN: Wal-Mart to Carry Plan B Contraception
- News on the announcement that the chain would reverse its former stance and begin stocking emergency contraceptives (morning-after pills) in its pharmacies. (March 03, 2006)
Plan B Battles Embroil States
- Washington Post reports that after the US Food and Drug Administration failed to decide whether or not to make the "morning-after" pill available without a prescription, most states are considering legislation to expand or restrict access to the drug. (February 27, 2006)
FDA Official Quits Over Delay on Plan B
- US Food and Drug Administration official in charge of women's health issues resigned in protest against the decision to further delay a final ruling on whether the "morning-after pill" should be made more easily accessible. (September 01, 2005)
City Pages: The Morning-After Pill Gets a Push
- Discusses the public-health value of emergency contraception, difficulties women have obtaining the pills, and efforts in Minnesota to break down the barriers. (July 09, 2003)
There's Got To Be a Morning After
- Issues surrounding emergency contraception in Australia and initiatives to make the pills easier to obtain. (June 28, 2003)
Survey Finds Pharmacists, Public Favor Widespread Access to Emergency Contraception
- Results of a U.S. opinion survey. (February 14, 2000)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 3, 2015 at 6:05:05 UTC -