become an editor
the entire directory
only in Environment/Waste_and_Recycling
Waste and Recycling
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Environment: Waste and Recycling
Disposable Diaper Debate
Business: Environment: Waste Management
Science: Environment: Pollution Prevention and Recycling
Society: Issues: Environment: Consumerism: Green
Society: Organizations: Nonprofit Resources: Fundraising: Recycling
This category in other languages:
Australian Recycled Cartonboard Campaign
- Covers environmental/waste issues in Australia, and promotes recycling of cardboard, and the use of recycled cartonboard for packaging.
- Information and tools to help consumers, businesses, and local governments reduce, reuse, recycle and cut the amount of garbage going to landfills.
Carymoor Environmental Centre
- Information about the center, its educational and community programs, its research, and center news. Tours conducted of working landfill, nature trail available.
Community Change Party
- Specialist social research company that promotes litter reduction and prevention. Based in Australia.
- Public/private partnership to provide community-specific environmental information as well as general advice related to preventing environmental problems that would otherwise have to be remedied at a later date.
Environmental Expert -- Recycling
- Presents free accessible articles, magazines, events and technological solutions for recycling.
European Topic Centre on Waste
- Information about waste and waste management in Europe enabling them to take the requisite measures to protect the environment, to assess the results of such measures and to ensure that the public is properly informed.
- Network to promote waste reduction and help save landscape from being taken over by landfills. The Network provides individuals and non-profits an electronic forum to recycle/ give away unwanted items.
GrassRoots Recycling Network (GRRN)
- Dedicated to environmental stewardship and achieving a sustainable economy by eliminating waste and reusing, recycling and composting resources. Advocates an end to corporate subsidies for waste, hopes to create new jobs from discarded materials.
Green Design Computer Recycling Page
- Professional paper at Carnegie Mellon about recycling that old computer. [Adobe Acrobat Reader required.]
Integrated Waste Services Association
- Provides information on waste to energy technology and integrated waste management solutions.
Keep America Beautiful
- A non-profit organization whose network of local, statewide and international affiliate programs educate individuals about litter prevention and ways to reduce, reuse, recycle and properly manage waste materials.
New York State Association for Reduction Reuse and Recycling
- NYSAR3 is the State Association that Represents New York State's Recycling Community.
- A nonprofit organization which battles littering and illegal trash dumping through community cleanups, education, increased enforcement, and promoting specialty recycling programs.
Quinte Waste Solutions
- Offering waste reduction programs for the Quinte area in southern Ontario, this is an award-winning program achieving 63% reduction in waste that includes blue box recycling, composting, household hazardous waste collection.
- What happens to garbage and why recycling is important. Includes a game and other activities.
- British site that tells you where your nearest recycling facility is and gives important recycling information for business, schools and consumers.
- Offers a forum for recycling unwanted goods throughout the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Recycling in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Information and education on recycling in the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough area in the UK.
- A UK charity which sends old bicycles to poor countries such as Haiti and South Africa and trains people how to repair and maintain the bikes.
- This site promotes the concept of keeping our planet clean by not littering.
The Metropolitan Environmental Trust
- The M.E.T. coordinates and encourages recycling efforts in the metropolitan Tulsa, Oklahoma area.
The Toxic Waste on Your Desk
- A site on the toxic elements in computer screens.
- Information, publications and advice on waste reduction, reuse and recycling. Based in the United Kingdom.
What is Waste?
- Ongoing online documentary series about people repurposing waste.
NPR Science Friday : A Question on Earth Day: Paper, Plastic or Neither?
- Discussion: Can Americans learn to live with less packaging, and how much of the recyclable materials used are actually being recycled? [16:56 streaming audio broadcast] (April 22, 2005)
Christian Science Monitor - A Mixed Bag of Community Recycling
- Report on the national state of recycling in the US on the eve of Earth Day, 2002. (April 17, 2002)
Waste and Recycling
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 11:47:44 AM EDT -