become an editor
the entire directory
only in Environment/Sustainable_Development
End of Poverty
Sustainable Use of Species
Science: Environment: Sustainability
Society: Issues: Business: Corporate Environmentalism
Society: Issues: Economic: Development
Society: Issues: Global: Aid and Development
Society: Lifestyle Choices: Intentional Communities
Society: Work: Rethinking Work
This category in other languages:
Applying Sustainable Development
- Focus is on social and cultural change, without which sustainable development is unattainable. Pages include threats and opportunities, agenda for change, practical examples, skilled people, models for change, sources of information.
Combustion in the Rainforest: Ecology, Energy and Economy for a Sustainable Environment
- A global holistic perspective to the world environmental predicament.
- Global alliance of organisations committed to scaling-up the impact of sustainable development communications through partnership and collaboration by offering a platform to share expertise and develop best practice and create synergies. Actively supports creative and inspiring communications that advance a vision of sustainable development that builds on its social, environmental and economic foundations.
The Earth Institute at Columbia University
- Solutions for sustainable development. Videos, profiles, research and education.
The Empty Homes Agency
- Highlighting the waste of empty homes and property throughout England: Information, solutions and statistics.
- National Assembly initiative in partnership with voluntary organisations for protecting and improving the environment. Includes information on partners, projects, and grants, with newsletter and downloadable registration pack.
- United Kingdom company providing services in the development of aquaculture projects. Background on company, links, and contact information.
International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development
- News, background and other resources from coalition that seeks to bridge gap between proponents of trade and sustainable development.
New Colonist, The
- Site for people interested in visiting, moving to, or improving cities. Covers sustainable urban development, tourism and travel, and other urban issues.
- Independent, non-profit information agency producing news and analysis on topical, global issues with a developing country perspective.
- At its third session in April 1995, the UN Commission "noted the importance of developing, among the organizations of the United Nations system, a common or compatible system of access to their respective data bases, in order to share data fully, to streamline the collection and interpretation of data and to identify data gaps, for the purpose of providing more comprehensive and integrated data to decision-makers at national, regional and international levels."
Sustainable Development Gateway
- The tri-lingual Sustainable Development Gateway provides access to over 1,200 links, a calendar of events, a job bank, the Sustainability Web Ring, listservs, and news sites dealing with sustainable development.
Sustainable Development Web Page, The
- Contains a bibliography, case studies, and links to related sites.
- Gateway and store of a wealth of online resources to help you find what you need to live a more healthy, sustainable lifestyle.
UK Sustainable Development Commission
- Inspires government, the economy and society to embrace sustainable development as the central organising principle.
United Nations Sustainable Development
- Dedicated to improving the well being of present and future generations through the promotion of sustainable development.
World Business Council for Sustainable Development
- Organization of transnational corporations who advocate for cooperation between business and government to balance economic and environmental interests.
WWW Virtual Library: Sustainable Development
- List of internet sites dealing with sustainable development, including organisations, projects and activities, electronic journals, libraries, references and documents, and databases.
BBC: Sustainable development: Big not boring
- Jonathon Porritt explains why sustainable development is not a "boring catch-phrase for sad gits". (November 23, 2006)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 19, 2015 at 21:15:03 UTC -