become an editor
the entire directory
only in Environment/Population
Science: Biology: Ecology: Population Ecology
Science: Environment: Sustainability
Science: Social Sciences: Demography and Population Studies
Society: Issues: Abortion
Society: Issues: Global: Aid and Development
Society: Issues: Immigration
Carrying Capacity Network
- An activist network concerned with national revitalization, population stabilization, immigration reduction, sustainable economic activity, and resource conservation.
Catholic Encyclopedia: Theories of Population
- A Roman Catholic view of the theories of Malthus and others, written in 1910.
Completing the Fertility Transition
- Report of an expert meeting of the UN Population Division which warns of a serious reduction of the global population.
Journal of Population Research
- Peer-reviewed international journal which publishes papers on population-related issues. Published by Springer for the Australian Population Association.
Laissez-Faire in Population: The Least Bad Solution
- Economist David Friedman argues that there is no justification in economic theory for the widely believed notion that the results of allowing parents freely to decide how many children they have must, in the long run, be catastrophic under any tolerable social institutions.
NOVA: World in the Balance
- Based on an educational TV program. The articles cover topics such as human consumption, sustainable population rate, and the impact of the average age within a country. Page includes people counter, photos, quizzes, and maps.
The Numbers Game: Ethnic Conflict in the Contemporary World
- Essay discusses the relationship between population growth or decline and perceived social and political influence. Written by Kevin McDonald. Includes bibliography.
Population Association of America
- PAA is a non-profit, scientific, professional organization established to promote the improvement, advancement and progress of the human race through research of problems related to human population.
The Population Council
- Organization seeking to improve the wellbeing and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world, and to help achieve a humane, equitable and sustainable balance between people and resources.
- Organisation carrying out research into optimum population size in relation to environmental sustainability, particularly in the UK. Information about their activities and research.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 9, 2015 at 23:39:35 UTC -