become an editor
the entire directory
only in North_America/United_States
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Environment: Organizations: Regional: North America: United States
National Audubon Society
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species: Regional: North America: United States
Adirondack Council Home Page
- Provides information, news and resources on Adirondack Park, conservation issues. Includes information on how to fight acid rain by purchasing a Clean Air Certificate.
Blue Ridge Environmental Defense League (BREDL)
- Information on campaigns to raise public awareness against environmentally damaging projects and proposals throughout the southeast including landfill expansion, corporate hog farms, four-lane highways, and clearcut logging in national forests.
The Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund
- Provides free and legal services to community-based groups and local governments working to protect their quality of life and natural environment.
Constitutional Law Foundation
- Seeks to advance environmental law issues, intergenerational ethics, and the concern for posterity stated in the Preamble to the U.S. Constitution. Provides articles and documents related to the U.S. Constitution and environmental protection.
- Manages workplace giving campaigns for its national environmental charities, just as the United Way raises funds for its health and human service charities. Provide news, resources and campaign information.
- A non-profit public interest law organization dedicated to protecting places, natural resources, and wildlife and to defending the right of all people to a healthy environment.
- Links science, economics, and law to create innovative, equitable, and cost-effective solutions to the most urgent environmental problems. Provides information, news and resources on many environmental issues.
Environmental Working Group
- Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit with a focus on drinking water, pesticides, air pollution and other environmental topics.
Florida Oceanographic Coastal Center
- Dedicated to protecting, preserving and restoring Florida's ocean and coastal ecosystems through education, research and personal stewardship.
Friends of Hudson
- Hudson River Valley public interest group focused on protecting air and water quality, and promoting sound land use planning, with a speciality in the cement and hazardous waste industries.
Friends of the Earth US
- FOE is a national environmental organization dedicated to preserving the health and diversity of the planet for future generations. Provide information on campaigns and issues.
Global Justice Ecology Project
- Organization working to support real solutions to climate change including a vast reduction in the consumption of fossil fuels and wood-based products by industrialized countries. Based in Hinesburg, Vermont
GRACE Public Fund
- Provides information in support of initiatives to safeguard the health of the earth's inhabitants and preserve the future of the planet. Projects include factory farms, nuclear abolition, environment and public health.
Institute for Southern Studies
- A non-profit media, research and action center working for a better South. The Institute publishes Facing South, an online magazine, and Southern Exposure, a print journal.
Izaak Walton League of America
- Dedicated to protecting our nation's soil, air, woods, waters and wildlife. Details conservation programs, membership and publications.
Merck Family Fund
- Private family foundation that awards grants to non-profit organizations in the United States that work to protect the natural environment. Details on programs, internships and grant guidelines.
National Parks and Conservation Association
- Site provides information on US national parks and campaigns to protect these natural, historic and cultural treasures.
Native Forest Council
- Provide news and resources for the protection of publicly owned lands from logging, mining, grazing, drilling and off-road vehicles.
The Nebraska Environmental Trust
- State program dedicated to the preservation of Nebraska's natural resources. Information on funding, grants, projects and publications.
Network of Waste Activists Stopping Trash Exports
- NO WASTE are Michigan environmentalists who advocate and educate people about the problems with solid waste imports and exports. Provide news and information to promote sensible waste management and recycling in the US.
- Provides resources and networking for Minnesota and elsewhere on many environmental and sustainable future topics.
NRDC - Environmental Legislation
- Extensive information on environmental legislation from the Natural Resources Defense Council. Includes "Legislative watch," a bi-weekly email bulletin that tracks environmental bills moving through Congress.
Opossum Society of the United States
- OSUS is a non-profit wildlife rehabilitation organization dedicated to the care of orphaned and injured opossums. Provides information and resources.
- Provides information about the organizations programs, staff, Board of Directors, mission, funding and contact information.
- A national, non-profit membership organization dedicated to maintaining the quality of life in the United States through population stabilization.
Public Interest Research Groups (PIRG)
- State based consumer and environmental advocacy groups active across the country. Features action alerts and reports on many environmental, consumer and student issues.
Rio Colorado Reclamation Committee
- A community based organization dedicated to the reclamation of the Molycorp mine and the restoration of the Red River in northern New Mexico.
- National environmental group based in the Hudson Valley with a focus on protecting U.S. rivers. Provides information, history, news and resources.
Save America's Forests
- Nationwide campaign to pass historic federal law to ban clear cutting, end logging of Ancient Forests and protect natural forest ecosystems. Provide information, news, resources and actions.
Save the Gunks
- Dedicated to trying to save the Shawangunk mountains in New York from development. Includes schedule, details about the development plans, and ways to help.
Southeastern Windstar Connection
- To inspire individuals to make responsible choices and take direct actions to achieve a peaceful and environmentally sustainable future.
Tamalpais Conversation Club
- Their mission is to preserve and protect Mount Tamalpais in California. Includes club history, trail information, news, events, and membership application.
Transform the Earth Foundation
- A non-profit environmental concern focused on education through national writing contests and other educational opportunities.
The Wilderness Society
- Dedicated to preserving America's wilderness through action and public education.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:24:09 PM EDT -