become an editor
the entire directory
only in Organizations/Policy_Institutes
Science: Environment: Research Groups and Centers
Society: Issues: Environment: Research: Organizations
Buckminster Fuller Institute
- Located in Sebastopol, California, BFI hopes to empower site visitors to see the big picture and exercise individual initiative so that everyone on board our Spaceship Earth can live abundantly and successfully on an ecologically sustainable basis.
- Explores the use of science in social and environmental policy and advocates precautionary and community-based research approaches. Provides information and resources on projects, current activities and research.
Conservation Law Foundation
- Uses law, economics and science to solve the environmental problems that threaten the people, natural resources and communities of New England.
Energy Probe Research Foundation
- Comprised of Probe International, Energy Probe, Environmental Bureau of Investigation, Environment Probe, Urban Renaissance Institute, Consumer Policy Institute, and Margaret Laurence Fund. One of Canada's leading environmental and public policy research institutes.
Environmental and Energy Study Institute (EESI)
- Researches renewable energy, energy efficiency, climate change, smart growth, alternative fuels, and advanced vehicle technologies.
Foundation for Research on Economics and the Environment
- FREE advances conservation and environmental values by applying modern science and America's founding ideas to policy debates.
Interstate Technology and Regulatory Cooperation
- ITRC is a state-led national coalition dedicated to better environmental protection through innovative technologies. ITRC helps reduce the technical and regulatory barriers to the deployment of new environmental technologies.
National Endangered Species Act Reform Coalition
- A broad based coalition of roughly 200 member organizations, representing millions of individuals across the United States, that is dedicated to bringing balance back to the Endangered Species Act.
Political Economy Research Center
- Think tank in Montana seeking market solutions to environmental problems. Research and policy analysis covers endangered species, forestry, fisheries, mining, parks and park reform, public lands, property rights, Superfund, user fees, water marketing, wildlife and environmental education.
Resources for the Future
- Researches environmental and natural resource issues and policy questions - rooted primarily in economics and other social sciences.
Rocky Mountain Institute
- An independent, nonprofit research and educational foundation with a mission to foster the efficient and sustainable use of resources as a path to global security. Research areas are energy, transportation, green development, climate change, water, economic renewal, corporate sustainability, and security.
Science and Environment Health Network
- Began in 1993 when members of the scientific community met to respond to virulent attacks on the environmental agenda. It was clear that science was being misrepresented and misused in environmental public policy.
- Seeks ways to protect the environment without regulation, bureaucracy, or central control.
World Commission on Protected Areas
- To promote the establishment and effective management of a worldwide, representative network of terrestrial and marine protected areas as an integral contribution to the IUCN mission.
World Resources Institute
- WRI believes a healthy environment and healthy economy can coexist. Uses information and knowledge as tools to move human society to live in ways that protect the Earth's environment and its capacity to provide.
- Analyzes interdisciplinary environmental data from around the world, providing information on how to build a sustainable society. Website has articles on a broad range on topics.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 29, 2015 at 14:05:08 UTC -