the entire directory
only in Environment/Organizations
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Environment: Organizations
Friends of the Earth
National Audubon Society
Native Plant Societies
Science: Environment: Organizations
Society: Issues: Business: Corporate Environmentalism: Organizations
Society: Issues: Environment: Directories
Society: Law: Services: Lawyers and Law Firms: Public Interest
This category in other languages:
African American Environmentalist Association
- Dedicated to providing energy and environmental information and educating the African American community.
All Species Project
- Promotes conscientious art, thought, and action toward building thriving neighborhoods and communities in harmony with nature.
- A not-for-profit environmental education organization, formed in 1987, dedicated to sustainable natural resource management. Not affiliated with the National Audubon Society.
Ausable Institute of Environmental Studies
- Promotes Christian environmental stewardship through academic and community programs, retreats and conferences.
Australian Conservation Foundation
- ACF is an Australian non-profit organization dedicated to the environment. Site has a wide range of topics, including genetic engineering, air pollution, and the WTO. Campaign on Australia World Heritage issues.
- The BEE (Bicycle for Everyone's Earth) Team promotes environmental awareness while bicycling the length of Japan.
Baku Ceyhan Campaign
- Working to raise public awareness of the social problems, human rights abuses and environmental damage that will be caused by the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan oil pipeline, which is planned to run through Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey. In particular, the campaign argues that public money should not be used to subsidise social and environmental problems in the interests of the private sector.
- Supports the work of environmental organisations, primarily in the so-called South (developing countries) and the Central and Eastern European (CEE) countries.
Canada - Ecojustice
- Protects the environment by upholding and enforcing the law. Provides free legal advice and free legal representation.
Center for Whole Communities
- The Center operates The Refuge For Land And People, a unique leadership forum where citizens and activists from around the country come together to find solutions to the most pressing and difficult conservation issues our nation faces today.
Center for the Study of the Environment
- Private not-for-profit organization, providing information, identification, analysis and optimal solutions to environmental problems. Science based projects are conducted on global, regional and local scales.
Centre for Science and Environment (CSE)
- International consortium dedicated to "promoting democracy and sustainability." Headquartered in New Delhi. Campaign topics include biodiversity, climate change, air pollution, water pollution, forest management, rainwater harvesting, and "people and wildlife".
Centre for Social and Economic Research on the Global Environment
- Part of the University of East Anglia in the UK, this site provides information on their research and publications.
Clean water - Australia and Brazil
- Cleanwater is a website aimed to increase environmental awareness, provide information to community on how they can prevent pollution at their local waterways and to help people to get involved in ecosystems restoration projects.
Committee For A Constructive Tomorrow (CFACT)
- CFACT strongly believes consumer and environmental problems can be best met and overcome through the ingenuity of science, the power of the free-enterprise system, and the traditional Western values of progress, freedom, and wise stewardship.
Conservation International (CI)
- Nonprofit organization applies innovations in science, economics, policy and community participation to protect the Earth's biodiversity around the world. Includes conservation regions and programs, strategies, newsletters, publications and how to get involved.
ECO (Environmental Community Organization)
- A community and environmental network creating solutions to protect and improve health, welfare, safety and the environment.
ECO: Earth Communications Office
- ECO is a non-profit organization whose goal is to use the power of communications to help improve the global environment. Provides program information.
- Features a global action alert network to mobilize people simultaneously around the planet to speak out for a better world.
Earth Day Network
- Coordinating worldwide events for Earth Day 2000 and beyond. Provides calendar, environmental tips, clean energy campaign, organizing materials, activist network, eco-store, Grist Magazine and other resources.
- International education program that involves young people in hands-on river education, conservation, and restoration projects. Award-winning program Global Rivers Environmental Education Network (GREEN).
Earth Summit Info
- Covers a wide range of sustainable development, biodiversity and World/Earth Summit issues.
- USA organization offering volunteer programs of environmental restoration. Provides information on history, programs and how to support.
- Linking human rights and environmental protection. ERI works to document and eliminate human and environmental abuses by building the capacity of indigenous peoples in South East Asia.
- Promotes the sustainable conservation of our natural resources and cultural heritage by creating partnerships among scientists, the general public, educators, and businesses.
- EcoFlight provides aircraft for environmental advocacy and creates innovative educational programs designed to increase environmental awareness around the country for teachers and students alike.
- Dedicated to sustainability and the ecological future of our planet. A wealth of environmental information.
- The latest eco-news, eco-gear, top eco-tours and artists.
- Working for the preservation of biodiversity, against monoculture agriculture, and for better ways for humans to live in harmony with their environment.
- A non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life on this planet. Provides contact address and newsletter subscription information.
Environment and Conservation Organisations (ECO)
- Network organisation of environment and conservation organisations of New Zealand. Information about ECO and its member groups as well as news of the environment in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Links science, economics, and law to create innovative, equitable, and cost-effective solutions to the most urgent environmental problems. Provides information, news and resources on many environmental issues.
Environmental Investigation Agency
- An independent, international campaigning organization committed to investigating and exposing environmental crime.
Foundation for Democracy and Sustainable Development
- Work in partnership with others to protect and improve the environment and help society understand one of the most critical challenges it faces in the 21st century.
Georgia Strait Alliance
- Protect and restore the marine environment of Georgia Strait, B.C., Canada. On line newsletter, resources on many environmental issues including a green boating guide.
Global Action Plan
- An independent charity committed to engaging people in practical solutions to environmental and social problems.
Global Communications for Conservation Inc.
- Nonprofit organization created to support and initiate conservation and environmental education programs throughout the world, while increasing public awareness of the need for a worldwide ethic of respect for all life.
- Provides environmental tips for sustainable living and information about solutions that are speeding the shift toward a sustainable way of life.
Go Green Initiative
- A program that works to create a culture of environmental responsibility on school campuses throughout the United States. Includes tips for teachers, why one should go 'green', and FAQs.
- Non profit organization created and chaired by Yann Arthus-Bertrand. Its goal is to raise public's awareness on environmental protection and to bring answers to the ecological crisis. Includes a list of projects.
- An independent, non-profit organization that strives to achieve a healthier and cleaner environment by identifying and promoting products and services that cause less toxic pollution and waste, conserve resources and habitats, and minimize global warming and ozone depletion.
- An umbrella site for over 200 green, peace, human rights and development groups.
- Nonprofit corporation focusing on both social and environmental issues facing the USA and the world. Ideas for solutions to environmental and social issues.
International Tree Foundation
- International tree planting, tree preservation and tree education. Award and grant maker and school resource provider.
Kids Ecology Corps
- KEC aims to inspire young people to make environmental action part of their everyday life and generate a critical mass of people to create environmental harmony throughout the world.
Land Stewardship Project
- A private, nonprofit organization to foster an ethic of stewardship for farmland, to promote sustainable agriculture and to develop sustainable communities. Provides current project news, program descriptions and online resources.
Leadership for Environment and Development (LEAD International)
- Established in 1991 by the Rockefeller Foundation. Aims to educate selected future leaders whose actions will influence the decisions made about environment and development issues in most parts of the world.
- Provide information on environmental and humanitarian concerns. Links to Eco Humane Political web sites.
Natural Resources Defense Council
- Non profit that uses law, science, and the support of its 500,000+ members to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe, healthy environment for all living things. Provides information on many environmental issues.
- Information about bird conservation, Canadian endangered species, parks and protected areas, and connecting people with nature.
- Provides mailing list, bulletin board, actions alerts, and news segments regarding the environment. Focused on preserving the oceans from pollution.
People and the Planet
- A global site on the issues of population, poverty, health and the environment, sponsored by IPPF,IUCN,UNFPA and WWF and published by the London-based Planet 21 charity.
Port of Entry
- Portal to environmental business opportunities and information exchange in the Americas. Main focus is the Latin American environmental sector. Site in English and Spanish.
- Environmental program which provides training and education to at risk youth in Brazil. Projects include preservation of the central savanna grasslands and environmental education.
Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility
- Protects employees who protect the environment. It provides a valuable service to government employees and contractors charged with safeguarding the nation's natural resources. Rather than work on environmental issues from the outside, PEER works with and on behalf of employees to effect fundamental change in the way their resource agencies conduct the public's business.
Rainforest Foundation US
- To preserve rainforests and the indigenous people who live in them. Provides donation information, events listing, and information on internship programs.
Society Promoting Environmental Conservation
- SPEC operates an Environmental Resource Center in B.C., Canada. On line resources on various campaigns for better air, water, and land.
T Buck Suzuki Environmental Foundation
- Dedicated to raising environmental awareness around issues related to salmon farming, fish habitat management, alternative energy sources, sewage treatment and sustainable forestry practices.
The Bellona Web
- Science-based environmental organization set up to combat problems of environmental degradation, pollution-induced dangers to human health, and the ecological impacts of economic development strategies. Bellona aims to present feasible solutions with the least impact on human activity. Regularly updated news. Topics include nuclear weapons and climate change. [English, Norsk and Russian.]
The Fred Heutte Center
- Located in Norfolk, Virginia, members work to enrich the community by sharing his ideals of urban beautification through horticultural education.
The Goldman Environmental Prize
- Annually awards environmental heroes from each of the world's six inhabited continental regions.
The Interfaith Coalition for the Environment
- An organization whose purpose is to inform and inspire and inform environmental communities about their common interest in protecting and healing the earth.
The Mountain Institute
- Advancing Mountain Cultures and preserving mountain environments. Working in the Appalachian, Andean and Asian Mountains.
The ReSource Institute for Low Entropy Systems
- Independent, nonprofit organization working on public health and environmental issues in Spanish and English speaking countries. Support non-depleting, non-wasting, non-polluting methods and technologies for sustainable development.
The Right-To-Know Network
- Provides free access to databases, text files, and conferences on the environment, housing, and sustainable development.
The Wildness Within Us
- Official web site of David R. Brower and his work for conservation, preservation and restoration. Features photographs, poetry, audio, video and environmental newswire.
- Planned public park projects where trees are planted each year to mark time over a millennia. Provides description, donation and contact information.
- Organization active in the US upper midwest aims to plant and care for trees and the environment. Overview of programs and activities, news, materials, and photo gallery.
Tuolumne County Alliance for Resources and Environment, Inc.
- Involved in environmental issues related to the productivity and conservation of public and private lands in Tulare County, California.
Union of Concerned Scientists
- The Union of Concerned Scientists works to ensure that all people have clean air and energy, as well as safe and sufficient food.
Unions for Jobs And Environment
- A partnership of various unions which offer a labor perspective on the Kyoto Protocol and climate policy with summaries of economic and job impact.
United Earth Alliance
- Non-profit organization concerned with environmental pollution, human rights, world hunger, and other issues.
United Eco-action Fund
- California nonprofit funding research, education, and land acquisition and supporting programs that benefit the quality of human life; promotes Al Gore's environmental ideas set out in "Earth in the Balance"
Western Organization of Research Councils
- Regional network of state grassroots organizations working for change on the environment and family agriculture.
- Fighting to protect and restore forests, rivers, wildlife, grasslands and wilderness of the Southwest.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, March 30, 2013 6:08:48 PM EDT -