become an editor
the entire directory
only in Nuclear/Waste
Science: Environment: Air Quality: Radon
Science: Environment: Environmental Health: Health Physics and Radiological Health
Science: Environment: Hazardous Materials
Science: Technology: Energy: Nuclear: Nuclear Waste
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Weapons: Depleted Uranium
Deadly Radiation Hazards USA
- Map and database of significant nuclear facilities in the US compiled from government sources.
- Originated from the Abalone Alliance. Working to halt operation and construction of nuclear power plants in California including action on Diablo Canyon nuclear power facility and Ward Valley waste dump.
An Epic and Open Exploration of Nuclear Issues
- Environmentalist newsletter DOEWatch site on nuclear issues particularly around Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
Eureka County Nevada Nuclear Waste Page
- Includes recent news articles, maps, photos, links, FAQ, time-line, publications, and legislative information related to the proposed nuclear waste repository at Yucca Mountain, Nevada. Also info on transportation of high-level radioactive waste.
Gulf of the Farallones Disposal Issues
- U.S. Geological Survey information on an area offshore of San Francisco, California. Ocean dump used to dispose of 47,800 containers of low-level radioactive waste between 1946 and 1970.
Keep Yellowstone Nuclear Free (KYNF)
- Campaign against plutonium waste incinerator at Jackson Hole, Wyoming. United States Department of Energy (DOE) has agreed to halt its plan to build a plutonium waste incinerator at the Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory (INEEL).
Nuclear Guardianship Library
- Resources for developing the political, technical and moral understanding required for the responsible care of radioactive materials for many generations.
OECD Nuclear Energy Agency Radioactive Waste Management Programme
- The NEA's goal is to assist member countries in radioactive waste management, developing safe management and disposal strategies for spent fuel, long-lived waste, and waste from the decommissioning of nuclear facilities.
The Sub-Seabed Solution
- Article in the Atlantic Monthly about long term storage of radioactive waste beneath the ocean floor.
U.S. Nuclear Manufacturing and/or Waste Sites
- CQS Health and Environment list
Waste Disposal in the Arctic Seas
- Results and conclusions of International Arctic Seas Assessment Project (IASAP) IAEA supported study.
Waste In The West Siberian Basin
- Russian scientists began discharging liquid radioactive waste to rivers and reservoirs and injecting waste into the groundwater some 50 years ago. Scientists are working on remediation strategies at the three Russian sites.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 21, 2015 at 6:15:06 UTC -