become an editor
the entire directory
only in Environment/Noise_Pollution
Business: Environment: Noise and Vibration Control
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Communication Disorders: Hearing
Science: Technology: Acoustics, Ultrasound and Vibration
This category in other languages:
The Noise Consultancy, LLC
- Noise consulting services to municipalities, industry and impacted residents, including: sound studies; ordinance development; enforcement issues; acoustical modeling; planning and zoning; impact statements; private and public nuisance advocacy.
Noise Pollution Clearinghouse
- An information resource with online database. Campaigns on specific noise issues and distributes "Quiet Zone" newsletter. Offers CD demonstrating worst noise offenders. Often quoted by major media.
Alaska Quiet Rights Coalition
- Dedicated to protecting the rights of Alaskans to quiet places for the benefit of public land users, private property owners, and visitors.
Ban the Cannons
- British Columbia group dedicated to stopping noise from propane cannons used to scare birds away from blueberry farms.
Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Noise and Nuisance
- UK government activities and information related to environmental noise and neighbourhood noise. Includes noise maps for England.
The EU Policy on Environmental Noise
- European Commission policy and directive on noise reduction. Includes links to full text of key papers.
Farm Noise and Hearing Project
- South Australian network of farmers and health professionals promoting hearing conservation in rural communities.
GrowNYC's Noise Abatement Committee
- New York City non-profit organization offering assistance to anti-noise groups in the United States and abroad.
Hearing Damage and Loud Music
- On the relationship between loud noise and ear damage, with particular reference to young people and loud music.
Honku: Haiku about Traffic Noise
- An international movement grown from one man's therapeutic exercise to alleviate the pain and suffering caused by too many honking vehicles outside his apartment window in Brooklyn, New York.
Hush the Bus
- A group of Hong Kong residents fed up with unnecessary advertising and other broadcasting on commuter buses.
International Commission on Biological Effects of Noise
- Sponsoring international congresses every 5 years since 1968, this organization's members are recognized as the leading authorities on the subject of noise and health.
Loud Car Stereos
- Bulletin from the Center for Problem-Oriented Policing.
Lower the Boom
- Anti-boomcar information.
Noise & Health
- An inter-disciplinary international journal devoted to research on all aspects of noise and its effects on human health.
Noise Abatement Society
- Promotes ways to combat antisocial noise. The Society's annual John Connell Awards recognize local initiatives to address noise complaints.
Noise and the Noise Control Act
- US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) documents concerning federal noise control.
Noise and Traffic
- Information on effects of noise on people, noise regulations and standards, and control of noise production by vehicles and machinery.
Noise Center at the Center for Hearing and Communication
- A not-for-profit organization promoting hearing conservation and noise awareness through education, advocacy and outreach. Located in New York and Florida, United States.
Noise Free America
- NFA's monthly "Dirty Dozen" awards spotlight worst noise polluters.
- Practical information and a variety of approaches for dealing with everyday noise problems.
- Noise Control Engineering information and activities worldwide. Includes quarterly magazine, member societies, technical reports, and announcements of meetings and conferences.
- Mainly a business directory, but also a source of good information.
- Coalition of world citizens combating the urban blight of unwanted human-created sound that is annoying, distracting, painful, or physically harmful.
- Describes solutions for noisy neighbours: What can be done, how to deal with the situation and what the law says in the UK. Includes discussion forum.
- Campaigns in Britain and internationally against piped music in public places.
- Reviews of places without piped music. Includes restaurants, pubs, hotels, and places to relax, shop, and meet. Reviews submitted by members of the UK-based Pipedown campaign.
- Focuses on noise problems in the Washington, DC, metro area.
Quiet Use Coalition
- Quiet use of wilderness areas is presented as a normal use and argues against enabling gas engine, motorized machines in the quiet, national forests in U.S.
Right to Quiet Society
- Vancouver (British Columbia) nonprofit society for soundscape awareness and protection, working to raise awareness of the value, benefits, and difficulties in obtaining quiet.
Rutgers Noise Technical Assistance Center
- Providing training in sound level measurement for enforcement of municipal noise codes, the center has been providing assistance for over 35 years.
Scientific Interdisciplinary Ecology and Noise Committee
- Argentina group promoting public noise awareness and advising citizens and city officials on noise problems.
Stress and Noise
- Franklin Institute Report.
UK Legislation - Noise Act 1996
- Full text of UK act regarding noise emitted from dwellings at night.
UK Noise Association
- UK voluntary non-charitable campaigning organisation that also carries out research and produces publications.
World Forum for Acoustic Ecology
- International association concerned with the state of the world's soundscapes. Includes membership details, resource links, and instructions for signing up for their discussion list.
Usenet alt.activism.noise-pollution -
Usenet alt.activism.noise.pollution -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 5, 2014 at 13:26:05 UTC -