become an editor
the entire directory
only in Environment/Health
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Environment: Health
Health: Alternative: Non-Toxic Living
Science: Environment: Environmental Health
Society: Issues: Animal Welfare
Society: Issues: Environment: Food and Drink
Society: Issues: Health
Society: Issues: Health: Conditions and Diseases: Cancer
Society: Issues: Health: Food, Drink and Nutrition
- Research and data on wood smoke pollution and combustion particulates. Research shows that 60,000 people in the US die each year from smoke pollution. Site chosen by the BBC Education Directory for excellence in the information presented.
- National Coalition Against the Misuse of Pesticides provides information on pesticides. Current actions and newsletters including pesticide safety and alternatives.
Californians for Pesticide Reform (CPR)
- Resource designed to aid in understanding the chronic and acute health impacts of pesticides. Provide review of studies linking pesticides with chronic and acute diseases.
Canadians Against Pesticides
- Informing Canadians of pesticide risks. Actions against pesticides and toxins.
Civitas - Citizens for Planetary Health
- Promotes environmental and human health by exposing harmful practices and policies such as relying upon unscientific animal experiments to justify poisoning the environment and to predict the effects of toxins and medicines on humans.
Conspiracy of Silence
- Documents a PCB spill and clean up, industries reaction and the eventual ban of the sale of PCBs.
CQS Health and Environment
- Health alert and toxic alert information about health, fitness, and the environment and their intimate connection. Activist group's site. Some alternative views on HIV and AIDS.
Long Islanders Against Pesticides
- LIAP is a non-profit community education organization providing information on the use of pesticides in the New York and Long Island communities.
Natural Resources Defense Council - Toxic Chemicals and Health
- NRDC provides information, reports, fact sheets and studies on everyday health threats posed by toxic chemicals and pesticides.
Northwest Coalition for Alternatives to Pesticides
- NCAP works to protect people and the environment by advancing healthy solutions to pest problems. Provide news and information on pesticide issues.
Pesticide Action Network International
- Network of over 600 participating nongovernmental organizations, institutions and individuals in over 60 countries working to replace the use of hazardous pesticides with ecologically sound alternatives. Projects and campaigns are coordinated by five autonomous Regional Centers.
Pesticide Action Network North America (PANNA)
- Organization working to reduce the use of hazardous pesticides world wide.
Pesticide Action Network Pesticide Database
- Provides pesticide information from many different sources. Includes definitions, references and user manual.
Pesticide Action Network UK
- Provides information on health effects of pesticides, news, campaigns and projects.
Pesticide Education Center
- Provides information on health effects of pesticides. Promote safer alternative pest control methods to the public through videos, books and other materials.
- Information about pesticides and the problems associated with pesticide use. Provide California communities with the tools they need to protect themselves and the environment from the hazards of pesticides.
Pollution 'Damages Intelligence'
- Environmental damage is sapping the intelligence of millions of people globally, says a British social scientist. BBC News.
The Women's Environmental Network
- WEN campaigns on issues that link women, health and the environment. Campaigns promote positive alternatives to polluting practices and consumer items. Provides information on environmental health, food and genetic engineering.
Mainlining Danger: Hospital Patients Exposed to High Levels of Toxic Chemicals in Vinyl I.V. Bags
- Greenpeace data shows that vinyl (PVC) medical devices contain high levels of toxic additives which can leach out through surrounding fluids, exposing hospital patients to a probable human carcinogen. (February 22, 1999)
Produce Items May Exceed EPA Standards
- Pesticide residue levels on produces exceed EPA standards. Washingtonpost. (February 19, 1999)
Composted Kitchen Waste May Put Heavy Metals In The Soil
- Some systems of ecological arable farming in developed countries, which use only organic fertilisers contaminate the soil with levels of cadmium, copper and lead which are twice as high as when a combination of both animal manure and artificial fertiliser is used. (Studied samples using kitchen waste) (February 10, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 15, 2014 at 6:54:06 UTC -