become an editor
the entire directory
only in Environment/Environmental_Justice
Society: Ethnicity: Indigenous People: Issues and Concerns
Society: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties
Society: Law: Legal Information: Environmental Law
African American Environmentalist Association
- Dedicated to increasing African American participation in the environmental movement, protecting the environment, enhancing human, animal and plant ecologies and promoting the efficient use of natural resources.
- Works with indigenous and environmental organizations in the Amazon Basin to defend the environment and advance indigenous peoples' rights in the face of large-scale industrial development. Provides news, campaigns, resources and contacts.
Asian Pacific Environmental Network (APEN)
- Working to protect and shape the environment of Asian and Pacific Islanders in the San Francisco Bay area through democratic participation.
Catholic Conservation Center
- Features a collection of writings and documentation about ecology and environmental justice in light of scripture and Catholic tradition.
Center for Community Action and Environmental Justice
- An environmental-health resource center that provides training, technical and organizing support, and advocacy work for California communities. Projects , publications and information.
Communities For A Better Environment
- California based environmental health and justice organization which promotes clean air and water and advocates for toxic free communities. Provides information, resources and campaign information.
- Greenaction is a new organization created by community groups in the southwest United States and former Greenpeace staff who have joined together in the struggle for health and environmental justice.
Environmental Justice and the NIMBY Principle
- Report which strives to dispel the truths behind the "not in my backyard" environmental ploys, and offers reasons why poorer communities often bear the blunt of hazardous waste disposal.
Environmental Justice Foundation (EJF)
- Advocacy organization site includes training manual, issues information, press releases and information on empowering those affected by environmental abuses to investigate, expose and combat those problems.
Environmental Justice Resource Center, Clark Atlanta University
- Research, policy, and information clearinghouse on issues related to environmental justice, race and the environment, civil rights, facility siting, land use planning, brownfields, transportation equity, suburban sprawl, and Smart Growth.
Environmental Research Foundation (ERF)
- New Brunswick, NJ-based organization seeking to provide understandable scientific information about human health and the environment to the public. Research library, event calendar, and links to related organizations provided. Also available in Spanish.
Indigenous Environmental Network
- Native peoples of the Americas organization for education, coalition building, and action. Announcements and fact sheets on current issues.
Ma'at Youth Academy
- MYA helps high school students and adults in San Francisco Bay area communities of color and low-income areas, make their communities healthier and safer for all species.
U.S. Department of Transportation Environmental Justice Site
- General information, case studies, and training resources on applicable requirements and on addressing environmental justice in the planning process for highways and other transportation systems.
U.S. EPA Environmental Justice
- Working to ensure that federal agencies conduct their programs that have environmental impacts in a manner that ensures that they do not have the effect of excluding persons or populations to discrimination because of their race, national origin or income.
Working Group on Environmental Justice
- A group of scholars and activists committed to doing further research and promoting effective action to advance the cause of environmental justice.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 29, 2014 at 16:45:07 UTC -