become an editor
the entire directory
only in Environment/Energy
News and Media
Science: Environment: Energy
Science: Technology: Energy
Science: Technology: Energy: Economics and Policy: Utilities Deregulation
Society: Issues: Environment: Climate Change
Society: Issues: Environment: Light Pollution
This category in other languages:
- Advocates getting the United States into energy self-sufficiency, and provides links for individuals to find more information or purchase alternative energy sources.
Alliance to Save Energy (ASE)
- Promotes energy efficiency worldwide for economy, environment and security. Offers K-12 lesson plans, energy saving tips and resource links to other educational supportive information.
Alternative Technology Association (ATA)
- A non-profit community group that aims to use and promote environmentally friendly technology. ATA has around two thousand members across Australia, conducts regular meetings, workshops and courses, and produces a range of educational publications.
American Solar Energy Society
- Profiles national organization dedicated to advancing the use of solar energy for the benefit of U.S. citizens and the global environment.
Association for the Conservation of Energy
- Formed in 1981 by a number of major companies active within the energy conservation industry, in order to encourage a positive national awareness of the need for and benefits of energy conservation.
Australian Association for the Study of Peak Oil and Gas
- An association of researchers, professionals and others with an interest in the study of peaking and subsequent decline of fossil fuels. News items, upcoming events, and an overview of the energy issues.
Ban the Bulb
- Weblog advocates outlawing (or at least taxing) incandescent lights to reduce energy use.
Center for Energy and Environment
- Nonprofit organization promoting responsible use of energy and natural resources in Minnesota.
Central American Solar Energy Project (CASEP)
- Promotes the use of solar energy for cooking in the countries of Central America.
Citizens Energy Corporation
- A non-profit company whose commercial subsidiaries support a wide array of social and charitable programs to help the poor and needy in the United States and abroad.
Climate Justice Initiative
- The new report "Greenhouse Gangsters vs. Climate Justice" launches CorpWatch's campaign on a platform that includes a just transition for workers and communities hardest hit by changes to energy systems.
Electric Reliability Coordinating Council (ERCC)
- Energy industry coalition opposing the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) enforcement of New Source Review (NSR) for upgraded power plants. Includes white papers, media clips, and congressional testimony.
- A clearinghouse of information concerning the peak in global energy such as oil and gas.
- A partnership of major foundations interested in sustainable energy.
Energy Policy & Technology Research
- ICCEPT at Imperial College research centre tackles major energy and environment problems offering advice to industry, government and NGOs
Energy Policy: Setting the Stage for the Current Debate
- An overview of the Bush Administration national energy plan, issued May 16, 2001, and U.S. energy policy since the 1970s.
- Tips helping home and small office cut utility bills with energy conservation.
Export Council for Energy Efficiency
- Contains energy efficient export opportunities, links to the global energy efficiency community (including US efficiency manufacturers and ESCOs), and market assessments and financing resource guides.
- A blog of oil supply and production graphs by an independent petroleum geologist.
- Assess and monitor the contribution of energy systems to an improved quality of life and to check the implementation of environmental conventions and principles.
How Stuff Works: How California's Power Crisis Works
- Learn just what has caused the energy shortage in California and how it will affect every corner of the country. See this backgrounder on the energy crisis.
Hubbert Peak of Oil Production
- Provides data, analysis and recommendations regarding the upcoming peak in the rate of global oil extraction. Work by various experts on the subject, possible scenarios, and links to news articles.
- Comparative Study of hydroelectric projects in Canada and India covering environmental, economical and other impacts. Appendices on Integrated Resource Planning and Great Whale Project.
Institute for the Analysis of Global Security
- A non-profit public educational organization dedicated to research and public debate on issues related to world's security with a special interest in energy security.
NRDC's Review of the Bush Administration's Energy Task Force Records
- Provides a review and analysis of the proceedings leading to the Bush administration's formulation of its May 2001 energy policy.
NW Energy Coalition
- An alliance of organizations promoting renewable energy and conservation in the Pacific Northwest.
The Oil Age
- We have used almost half the world's oil, prices will go up, may mean the end of the global economy. Alternative energy systems and what to do about it.
The Oil Depletion Analysis Centre
- An independent, UK-registered educational charity working to raise international public awareness and promote better understanding of the world's oil-depletion problem.
Peak Oil Chat
- Real time, web based IRC discussion on the impact of the peak in world oil production and its consequences.
Portland Energy Conservation
- Conservation group that promotes the benefits of responsible energy.
Post Carbon Institute
- Assists societies in their efforts to relocalize communities and adapt to an energy constrained world. News items, local groups, events, and publications.
- Dedicated to raising awareness and discussion of the impending and permanent decline of cheap oil and gas supplies. Includes contact and local group details, resources listing, events, news and a forum.
- Environmental organization dedicated to clean, renewable energy alternatives. Works on nuclear waste and power issues.
- An expose of the fantasy world of "sustainable development", showing how current levels of consumption are not sustainable no matter what alternatives are consumed.
Renewable Energy Focus
- Reports on all the latest developments in the renewable energy industry and provides a forum for the exchange of ideas and information as well as many useful links.
Renewables for Development
- RforD works for commercialization of decentralized renewable energy projects on a large scale in rural areas of developing countries. Provides information on concept, programs and projects.
Solar for the Powerless: Electrifying Rural Africa with the Sun
- Showcases a documentary comparing unsubsidized solar home systems markets in Kenya with subsidized solar utilities in South Africa. Includes streaming video plus links to the funder and relevant research.
The Vote Solar Initiative
- California initiative to promote clean air, fight global warming, and increase America's energy independence. Provides history, tools and news.
World Without Oil
- An online, alternate reality game that allows players to play out the events that could arise from the increasing scarcity of petroleum.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 14, 2015 at 11:45:04 UTC -