become an editor
the entire directory
only in Environment/Consumerism
Business: Investing: Socially Responsible
Science: Environment: Sustainability
Shopping: Niche: Green Living
Society: Lifestyle Choices: Voluntary Simplicity
Society: Politics: Green
All-Consuming Passion: Waking up from the American Dream
- Statistics, compiled by the New Road Map Foundation, describing USA consumption patterns and their effects on personal lives and the environment. Advocates a cultural trend toward low-consumption lifestyles.
- Subversive political and anti-Christmas greeting cards, free graphic images and GIF animations, original protest music and resources for activists and other misfits.
Buy Nothing Christmas
- National initiative started by Canadian Mennonites to de-commercialize Christmas and re-design a Christian lifestyle that is richer in meaning, smaller in impact upon the earth, and greater in giving to people less-privileged.
Center for a New American Dream
- National non-profit organization challenging the "more is better" definition of the American dream.
- Promote innovative alternatives to consumerism, for people seeking better ways to live with the Earth.
- Offbeat look at shopping centers in America.
The Story of Stuff
- A 20-minute animation of the consumerist society, narrated by Anne Leonard, to view online or download. Includes footnoted script, credits, blog, and resources.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 28, 2008 at 9:35:20 UTC -