become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/West_Virginia
Conservation and Endangered Species
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species: Regional: North America: United States: West Virginia
Regional: North America: United States: West Virginia: Science and Environment
Citizens Conservation Corps of West Virginia
- Works to conserve, develop and enhance the state's natural resources. Includes news.
Coal Impoundment Location & Information System
- Identifies coal impoundments, alerts residents of emergency situations and related evacuation plans, works to improve safety, and offers information on legal actions and alternatives for impounding coal waste. Includes news and events.
Coal River Group
- Works to preserve history and to develop tourism and recreation on the Great Coal River. Includes events, membership information, news and safety information.
Coal River Mountain Watch
- Works to stop the destruction of communities and the environment by mountaintop removal mining and to help rebuild sustainable communities. Includes campaigns, image galleries, news and handout tools and flyers.
Friends of Blackwater Canyon
- Works to protect the Blackwater Canyon, the Blackwater River watershed and the West Virginia Highlands. Includes news, trail information, history and image galleries.
North Fork Watershed Project
- Works to find solutions to the water pollution problems caused by coal mining and the timber industry. Includes reports and history.
Ohio Valley Environmental Coalition
- Advocates the improvement and preservation of the environment through education, grassroots organizing and coalition building, leadership development and media outreach. Includes events, galleries and membership information.
Threatened and Endangered Species System (Tess)
- Species listed on the Federal Register and found in the state. Includes species profiles. From the U.S. Fish & Wildlife System.
West Virginia Conservation Agency
- Offers resources to local communities and land users that address conservation issues. Includes news, programs and employment opportunities.
West Virginia Environmental Council
- Facilitates communication and cooperation among citizens promoting environmental protection, assists in organizing grassroots groups, facilitates interaction among established environmental organizations and corresponds with local, state, and federal agencies involved in the management of the state's environment. Includes action alerts, calendar, newsletter and legislative updates.
West Virginia Forestry Association
- Promotes sustainable forest management, improved fire protection and suppression and conservation of woodland resources. Includes programs, news, events and educational opportunities.
West Virginia Highlands Conservancy
- Works to promote the conservation and appreciation of natural resources. Includes events, bylaws and membership information.
West Virginia Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
- Works with land users to conserve natural resources on private lands. Includes news, programs and technical resources.
West Virginia Rivers Coalition
- Works for the conservation and restoration of the state's rivers and streams. Includes news and events.
West Virginia Wilderness Coalition
- Advocates to secure permanent protection for the state's wildest places on federal public lands through wilderness designation. Includes campaign documents, maps and ways to get involved.
West Virginia Wildlife Federation
- Works to conserve the state's wildlife heritage. Includes news, action alerts and meeting and membership information.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, September 2, 2007 5:10:39 AM EDT -