become an editor
the entire directory
only in Forests/Activism
Conservation and Endangered Species
Ecosystems and Habitats
Open Directory - Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species: Ecosystems and Habitats: Forests: Activism
Science: Agriculture: Forestry
Science: Environment: Forests and Rainforests
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species: Activism
Society: Issues: Environment: Personal Pages
African Blackwood Conservation Project
- A non-profit organization devoted to replanting this threatened species in Tanzania. Blackwood is the premier wood of choice for fine concert-quality woodwind instruments, and the tree plays a vital role in the ecology of the East African savannah.
Environmental Protection Information Center (EPIC)
- Grassroots non-profit organization working to protect endangered species and forest ecosystems on California's North Coast. Site has information about the Headwaters Forest values and resources, and updates about the current status of protecting the endangered biodiversity of this coastal temperate rainforest.
Finca Leola - Costa Rica Reforestation
- Working with the people of Costa Rica and fellow plantation owners to make it possible for anyone to help in the fight against deforestation.
- A Christian non-profit organization aiming to combat deforestation through local partner projects in Haiti, the Dominican Republic and Mexico. Includes program details, newsletters and articles, volunteer opportunities and an invitation to sponsor a village.
Forest Action Network
- Campaigns to save British Columbia's Great Bear Rainforest, the largest remaining temperate rainforest in the world through education, grassroots organizing, and non-violent direct action.
- Aims to protect endangered forests by transforming the paper and wood industries in North America and by supporting forest communities in the development of conservation-based economies.
Great Bear Rainforest
- A non-profit, conservation and research society dedicated to ensuring the survival of wildlife in the Great Bear Rainforest, and thereby ensuring the protection of this ancient temperate rainforest.
- Non-profit organization, helping to conserve and restore Brazil's threatened Atlantic Forest through education, research and reforestation.
International Association for Mediterranean Forests
- Aims to find solutions to the problems that arise from land use and management. Includes an events calendar, details of activities, and membership application form. In English and French.
International Society of Tropical Foresters
- Committed to the protection, wise management and rational use of the world's tropical forests and promoting communication in tropical forestry disciplines. Includes notices of upcoming training and education opportunities plus organization information.
The International Tropical Timber Organization
- Set up by a treaty that is aiming to ensure that all tropical timber products traded internationally by member States originate from sustainably managed forests. The primary idea is to provide an effective framework for consultation among producer and consumer member countries on all aspects of the world timber economy within its mandate.
Native Forest Network
- Global, autonomous collective of forest activists, indigenous peoples, conservation biologists, and non-governmental organizations.
Palm oil - rainforest in your shopping
- Demand for palm oil, a vegetable oil present in many of the goods we buy, is contributing to the destruction of the world's most precious rainforest. Information Report and actions from Friends of the Earth.
Palm Oil Action Group
- Lobbying against plantation development and deforestation in Indonesia, Malaysia and Papua New Guinea. Includes videos, action plans, and suggestions for contributions.
Patrick Moore is a Big Fat Liar
- An attack on the author of the book Pacific Spirit, which defends clearcutting old-growth forests.
The Rainforest Alliance
- An international nonprofit organization dedicated to the conservation of tropical forests. Their mission is to develop and promote economically viable and socially desirable alternatives to rainforest destruction through education, research and cooperative partnerships with businesses, governments and local peoples.
- Conserving and protecting threatened natural habitat, particularly rainforests and the biodiversity they contain in Ecuador, Sri Lanka, the Amazon, Costa Rica and other parts of Central and South America.
- Nonprofit dedicated to ending the destruction of the world's tropical and temperate rainforests.
Save or Delete
- Greenpeace campaign to save ancient forests. Includes ways to get involved, news and projects.
World Rainforest Movement
- Campaign against large scale monoculture tree plantations in many countries. These plantations are resulting in a number of negative social and environmental impacts on local communities.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 4:52:19 PM EST -